#1 gel-sol

gel-sol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Logic User Since:1998

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:25 PM

Hey Peeps!

I am creating some drum parts using a pretty generic drumkit in Kontakt and was wondering if anyone had any processing (compression, eq'ing, etc.) tips for getting an early 70s drum sound say, like a prog or heavy metal band of that time. I'm ASSuming it takes some compression to get that "dryer" sound, but any other help would be appreciated. The kit in Kontakt is a little too crisp and clean as it is right now....

Thanks!

Yer Pal,
Gel-Sol
www.gel-sol.com
www.myspace.com/gelsol

#2 Kapten Stofil

Kapten Stofil

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Logic User Since:2004

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:08 AM

Hey Peeps!

I am creating some drum parts using a pretty generic drumkit in Kontakt and was wondering if anyone had any processing (compression, eq'ing, etc.) tips for getting an early 70s drum sound say, like a prog or heavy metal band of that time.  I'm ASSuming it takes some compression to get that "dryer" sound, but any other help would be appreciated.  The kit in Kontakt is a little too crisp and clean as it is right now....

Yes, compression and some kind of emulation of tape saturation on the transients, or just a little plain old distorsion. A gentle roll-off on the high-frequencies in an eq would perhaps be appropriate as well. Also it was common to record drums with a lot of room-character as well, so try and get a good room-sound in Space Designer or something similar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users