1 reply to this topic

#1 Raskolnikov

Raskolnikov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Logic User Since:2008

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

I need to bounce some tracks for taking to another computer in a USB, and I want them to be exactly the same; so I have to put sample rate 44100 and resolution 24 bit (it was recorded like that) should I put DITHERING 1, 2 or 3 option when I bounced them? I just want to have the exactly same sound when I bounce this tracks. I already tried to save the whole song as an OMF file whithout dithering, but something changed when I hear it in the other computer... Then I decided to do it track by track, but I don't want to make a mistake 50 times.. so should I put them dithering when I bounced them? what's Dithering for anyway?? and what's the difference between Dithering 1, 2 and 3??

I hope you can help me, I want them to be exactly the same when I bounced them and I'm not changing the resolution wich is 24 b

thankyou

#2 JustDan

JustDan

Logic Moderator

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Audio Engineering / Composition
  • Logic User Since:2009
  • Audio Software Used:Logic Studio

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:14 PM

I hope you can help me, I want them to be exactly the same when I bounced them and I'm not changing the resolution wich is 24 b

Dithering improves the quality when changing 24-bit audio data to 16-bit. It does this by adding a little noise in a specific way, depending on the algorithm, to get the best quality. Since you are not changing it from 24-bit to 16-bit, there is no need to dither at all, so I'd leave it off until you need to change it to 16-bit. Then, experiment to see which sounds best for that particular piece.
Logic Studio 9 | Kontakt 5 | 8Dio Studio Violin | Mac OS X 10.6.8 | 2.53 GHz Mac mini | 4 GB Ram | Mackie MR5 | Sennheiser 600HD | Korg MR2 | Korg nanoPad and nanoKontrol | Oxygen25 | Kawai ES4 | Taylor T5 | Taylor NS42-CE | Jimmy Vaughn Fender Stratocaster | L.R. Boggs Para Acoustic D.I. | Mackie 1202-VLZ Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users