#1 absolutely

absolutely

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Logic User Since:2009
  • Audio Software Used:Logic Pro 8.0.2

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

I have a Logic Pro 8 session with 17 audio files, each one of which have 2 to 4 plugins.

Every time I try to bounce the session to an .aiff or .mp3 this dialog box appears:

Logic Pro has detected a possible conflict between one or more third party MIDI or audio drivers.
Be sure to install the latest drivers for all audio and MIDI equipment connected to your computer, and remove any older or unused drivers.

I haven't installed any extra drivers/midi controllers/software. I just work entirely with Logic and an M-Audio external card (which is unplugged and audio preferences set to Built-In Input). And anyway, this issue arose after having recorded all the audios, after doing the editing, so no other possible installation move was done.

Please, help me find a solution.
Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6)

#2 Peter

Peter

Site Creator & Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Logic User Since:1998

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:08 AM

first you can try to trash Logics preferences found in user Library/preferences

com.apple.logic.pro.plist

what bit rate were the tracks recorded at?

what sample rate?

are they supported by the internal card?

Have you tried the bounce with the M-audio attached?

Mixing - Logic Pro X | OS X 10.8.4 | 3.4GHZ Quad Core Hackintosh | 16GB Ram |

Studio Tracking - Logic Pro 9.1.8 | OS X 10.6.8 | 2GHZ Quad Mac Pro | 6GB Ram | Apogee Symphony PCI-e | Apogee AD16X | Apogee Mini DAC | Logic Control & Extender and Mackie Control C4 and a boat load of other cool stuff i use in my studio Static Productions

#3 absolutely

absolutely

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Thanks.

I have deleted the Logic files from User/Library/Preferences.

The recording bit rate is 24bit

Sample rate is 44000

Yes, they are supported by the internal card.

I have plugged the M-Audio card again. This is what happens:

1 - I try to play the song before bouncing it. I press "play" and nothing happens. After 8 seconds, the cursor starts going crazy moving rapidly from the beginning to the end of the song, back and forth, and the song plays but the cursor is going crazy on its own, not matching the actual playing point.

2 - I stop the song. I click on "Bounce". The same error message appears, I say OK. Then the bouncing starts BUT it doesn't play the song while it bounces. This is a 5 min song and it bounces in less than 2 min. 

3 - I play the resulting .aiff file and it has only bounced 3 of the 17 tracks (1 vocal, 2 strings and 1 BV). 30 seconds before the song ends, all the instruments appear all of a sudden, on and off.

I have tried this 3 times and the 3 times it bounces the track in the same way, with the same missing instruments in the same places.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

#4 absolutely

absolutely

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:07 PM

... I rectify. After closing Logic and opening it again, I've tried the bouncing and now it doesn't happen at all, like when the card was unplugged (but the card is still plugged). Ghosts...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conflict, midi, third party, audio, drivers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users