#1 stanfrancisco

stanfrancisco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Logic User Since:2005

Posted 17 November 2005 - 02:34 PM

Hi,

My two friends who run a full-time studio have run into some problems whereby they reloaded a song they had worked painstakingly on, only to find that all the instrument sounds were missing or had been replaced with default sounds.

Unfotunately I was not there at the time to know exactly what they did but they assured me they just saved and quit as normal.

They had made 2 backups of the song along the way and they were no good either.

Can anyone stop this happening again please?

#2 Dabr

Dabr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 12:23 PM

Use the project manager and save as a project

#3 stevelibby3

stevelibby3

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Logic User Since:2002

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:18 AM

Are the midi sequences still within the arrangement? If so, they at least have they riffs "down on paper" and can reopen an instrument to play the notes... I've been known to settle on a sound, or use a preset just to get a track going, and go back change later...it's good to go through a lot of sounds, rather than settling for the first thing that "stands out". I often layer the same midi sequences using different instruments/settings for a bigger sound. It's also good to bounce down different versions to audio to then use process of elimination on your favorites... You can even layer these as well, and use ALL of them...try it! Hopefully your buddies still have these midi sequences :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users