#1 age2age

age2age

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Logic User Since:2014
  • Audio Software Used:Just Logic Pro X, version 10.2.0

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:18 PM

Hello.  I am running Logic Pro X version 10.2.0.  I have had the same issue happen to me at least 3 times in the past few weeks.  I save my projects, on my  desktop as a consolidated project.  I also save the project, in a folder labeled 'clients', and then on an external hard drive.  I had a client in the studio this week, and he recorded 3 guitar tracks for 5 songs.  Once these were done, we went back and recorded 3 lead vocal tracks for each song.  One of the songs I opened, I received the following message, which I have been getting lately.  The message was 'Audio file not found'.  It asks me to locate the file manually, skip, skip all, or search.  When I try to locate, I cant find any audio files, as I have no idea where they are saved.  If I chose skip, or skip all I receive another message 'Audio file (name of instrument.wav) not found.  The project opens, and you can see the tracks and the colors, but there is no wave in the tracks.  I am getting very frustrated because I will save the project in 3 different places and I get the same issue no matter where I saved it.  Any ideas?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ken

#2 angelonyc

angelonyc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:music, art, food, sex
  • Logic User Since:1990
  • Audio Software Used:Logic Pro, Synfire, Band in a box, rapid composer

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:05 AM

Logic likes to default to user/music/logic - look there.

Another idea to try is record another piece of audio, and see where Logic is gonna try to put it. If you remember the name you gave the audio, get something like 'EASYFIND' or spotlight, and search by latest. 

When I start a new song, I create a folder for it, before you record your first audio, set the recording path to where you want..  I would guess, lost audio files, happen to all of us at some point.. 

#3 Zilla707

Zilla707

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Logic User Since:2014
  • Audio Software Used:Just Logic Pro X

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:11 AM

Hi age2age. I've had this exact problem several times with Garageband and Logic Pro X. Just had some of my mates over for a recording session last night, and when I went to open the recording today, all of the audio files except for the ones in the last region "were not found in their expected location." They still show up with the proper coloring, length and name, but no audio... Very frustrating because they were live jams and cannot be replicated. I've scoured the internet for an answer but so far nothing has helped. Tried reverting back to backup saves but all of them have the same issue of the tracks being there with no audio. If anyone has an answer it would be greatly appreciated. I've come to terms with the fact that I may never be able to get my recordings back but if someone could lend some advice on how to avoid this happening again, that may be even better. I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing to "corrupt" the files, as they are nowhere to be found on my computer. I would think a "professional level" recording software such as Logic would not have these bugs, and I was hoping paying the premium to upgrade from Garageband would avoid this file-losing problem as well. 

#4 walzberg

walzberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Logic User Since:2015
  • Audio Software Used:Logic Pro X, Cubase

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:14 AM

Hi,

@ Zilla707 & age2age:

I'm dealing with the exact same problem here!
Do you know if there's any solution yet?

@ angelonyc:

EASYFIND doesn't find any files inside LogicProX  :-(

Greetings, Mario

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users