#1 jen123456

jen123456

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Logic User Since:2005

Posted 17 December 2005 - 06:34 AM

Hi guys,
I've been having probs with getting guitarists etc. so I bought real guitar to use on Logic pro and that's turned out to be troublesome. Does anyone here use it? I need some pretty basic intro. tips.

Thanks Jen

Edited by jen123456, 17 December 2005 - 06:35 AM.

#2 Peter

Peter

Site Creator & Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Logic User Since:1998

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:23 AM

just in case no one knows what real guitar is
http://www.musiclab....e&r2=realguitar
I had never heard of it until your post.

"and that's turned out to be troublesome"

what kind of trouble are you having ?

Peter

PS. 2x please read the forum descriptions before posting ? I moved your post to the correct forum.

Mixing - Logic Pro X | OS X 10.8.4 | 3.4GHZ Quad Core Hackintosh | 16GB Ram |

Studio Tracking - Logic Pro 9.1.8 | OS X 10.6.8 | 2GHZ Quad Mac Pro | 6GB Ram | Apogee Symphony PCI-e | Apogee AD16X | Apogee Mini DAC | Logic Control & Extender and Mackie Control C4 and a boat load of other cool stuff i use in my studio Static Productions

#3 REv9k

REv9k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 01:59 PM

Hi guys,
          I've been having probs with getting guitarists etc. so I bought real guitar to use on Logic pro  and that's turned out to be troublesome.  Does anyone here use it?  I need some pretty basic intro. tips.

Thanks Jen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you interested in colloborations? I play guitar and bass. What kind of music do you play? You can check out my stuff on my website, see my sig.

#4 jen123456

jen123456

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 05:20 PM

Are you interested in colloborations?  I play guitar and bass.  What kind of music do you play?  You can check out my stuff on my website, see my sig.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Rev!
Collaborations could be interesting! Can you send a page link to my e-mail; miss_may@fastmail.fm Thanks for the offer. Jen. :-)

#5 jen123456

jen123456

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 05:37 PM

Thanks for your help. I'm having plenty of problems actually! The most annoying thing I guess is that I can't seem to get the notes at the beginning of the bars to play...I'm having to move the first notes in the bars by a few ticks to hear them and I don't know why? It's a bit like the notes at the beginning of bar one never seem to play in logic but in pattern mode in real guitar all of the patterns behave like this, that can't be right can it? Also some of the patterns work and others don't...and when I loaded up the demo. that also didn't work? Which makes me think something is wrong!

Thanks again for your time,
Jenny.

#6 jen123456

jen123456

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 05:47 PM

Also when you write the notes in on the keyboard page they don't play as you write them in or if you move them....this is really annoying :-(

#7 mersisblue

mersisblue

Site Supporter

• Site Supporters Plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Im a certified audio engineer from cti lake hurst nj
  • Logic User Since:2004
  • Audio Software Used:logic pro 6-9
    nuendo 4 and up though not lately
    digital performer
    pro tools

Posted 18 December 2005 - 09:58 PM

arte you trying to start at the begining in logic try letting logic count 8 times before you start ( so the 4 pre click and then let four real clicks roll )

#8 stevelibby3

stevelibby3

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Logic User Since:2002

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:09 AM

Have you resolved your issue with RealGuitar? This instrument looks very interesting... Let us know how its working out for you at this point... Lately, I've been using Reaktor with the ensemble Acoustring...sounds very nice...

#9 matetraxx

matetraxx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Logic User Since:1990

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:29 PM

it works for me ok i made like 10 songs with it..

#10 angelonyc

angelonyc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:music, art, food, sex
  • Logic User Since:1990
  • Audio Software Used:Logic Pro, Synfire, Band in a box, rapid composer

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:46 PM

I've used it for years with no problem.. I quantize the chord track so all notes of a chord start on the beat, and at the same time.. Variations in the start time of individual notes of the chord track, could lead to the problems you describe.. 

Also look at Logic sync page, and see what the MIDI play buffer is.. It defaults to play a bit before audio tracks, but that should not be the issue.. If that got knocked way out, could be an issue..

You also want to quantize the lengths of chords, so all notes end at the same time. If a note ends short, Real Guitar will think it is a different chord.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users