• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 guitboyus

guitboyus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Logic User Since:1983
  • Audio Software Used:Logic Pro X is my main DAW, Protools and MOTU DP for working on outside co-writing and mixing

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:29 PM

This is a review of some of my experiences working with Atilla at Logicscripts.net.   I found references to his plug-ins on several sites, and being the collector of all the plug-ins in the world, decided to try some of his.  I also ask him about doing a custom script for me and some other things about plug-ins in general and Logic.  

I want to report how pleasant my experience has been. I first downloaded his SmartPitch from him and then told him about a couple of concepts I had to improve my workflow with logic, if you logicscripts.net you will find a new plug called RimShooter.  I am a singer/songwriter that mostly does folk, singer/songwriter and country songs and none of the Logic Drummer setups is particularly conducive to those styles of music because, you can't get enough rimshot or sidestick sounds out of the presets, and it affects writing in other ways because the same issue comes up when you want brushes used, and you don't want to spend all night tweaking midi notes.
Well over Easter, in about 24 hours... he had come up with RimShooter, a MIDI plug-in targeted at solving those two problems. It's now available for purchase and to his existing customers, it was free.   It solved my problem right away, and of course I stayed up all night experimenting with it and Smartpitch,... that plug-in allows you to ad extra harmony notes or anything midi based on a scale. There are other ways to accomplish this, but Atilla seems to understand how to make the plug-ins musically usefull.  I can't say enough good things about his software and his helpful attitude. Just the right kind of guy the community needs to help us all be more creative. I've got some other ideas I plan to ask him to help with, and just in our emails and by looking at his solutions I've learned more about programming Scripter and using all the plugs Apple included. He is updating his website, the payment section was great no problems. If you need more control easily over how notes react in any way, doesn't have to be just the drums I have spoken of, it could be anything, check out Rimshooter and all of his plug-ins.  You will be extremely happy with the value of his work. Check out his site and Atilla keep up the great work!   Jim McNeil              *P.S.  I also find it pretty cool that I am in Mississippi and I've been able to  help support a fellow musician in Sweden!  Our Logic Pro family seems to be taking over the world!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: key mapping, drummer, rimshots, songwriter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users