#1 Kapten Stofil

Kapten Stofil

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Logic User Since:2004

Posted 14 November 2006 - 07:18 AM

I'm about to buy an IMac to run Logic Pro on and have some things I'd like to straighten out for the final configuration of the machine. Which is better: To get a 500GB internal hard drive to record to and use an external FW-drive for backup? Or should I record directly to the FW-drive and perhaps make do with a 250GB internal drive? I also have a PowerBook G4, will I be able to use that as a node for distributed processing? I mean, I won't be able to install Logic 7.2 on that machine, but perhaps it is not needed?

Questions, questions, thankful for any help.

#2 rlsproductions

rlsproductions

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Hip Hop & Poontang - in that order!
  • Logic User Since:1999

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:20 PM

I have an iMac running my Logic Pro 7 and Pro Tools with a FW hard drive always connected without too much of a problem! I am only just needing more power to get big track/ plug-in counts (more than 30 audio /60 Midi tracks with plug-ins).
It's always good to have an external drive to record or run samples off, to ease up the CPU & bigger is better, so might aswell go for a 500 GB drive (internal).

#3 Kapten Stofil

Kapten Stofil

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:42 AM

Ok, thank you, good to hear. I never use more than, say, 20 audio tracks and perhaps a couple of instrument tracks, so I think this solution should suit me just fine. Unfortunately, I already placed the order, so I cannot get the big internal drive. Buut I figured since I would use external drives for audio and only use the internal for running the OS and the program, I would need the bigger one. I don't have huge libraries of samples and stuff either.

#4 Kapten Stofil

Kapten Stofil

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:47 AM

BTW, very funny titles you get nowadays. "Ohh.. I got it now" :rolleyes: Very descriptive...

#5 rlsproductions

rlsproductions

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Hip Hop & Poontang - in that order!
  • Logic User Since:1999

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:07 PM

BTW, u have the same title! :dknow:

#6 Kapten Stofil

Kapten Stofil

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:07 PM

Yes, but in my case it's non-descriptive since I don't get it, not now, perhaps never. :help:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users