Peter

Site Creator & Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Logic User Since:1998

Posted 17 April 2005 - 03:04 PM

Soundtrack Pro

Precision audio editing. Powerful sound design.
http://www.apple.com...pro/quicktours/

Introducing Soundtrack Pro, Apple's revolutionary new audio editing and sound design application. Now you can use action-based editing to creatively design new sounds, instantly repair imperfect location recordings, add perfect sound effects or musical Apple Loops, script and batch process common tasks, and save hours bringing audio in and out of your video editor thanks to seamless integration with Final Cut Pro.

Top Features in Soundtrack Pro
Non-destructive, sample-accurate editing of audio files
Action Layers to reorder, suspend or delete any edit or process at any time
Intelligent Find-and-Fix repair and restoration functions
More than 50 professional plug-ins
More than 4,500 sound effect and musical Apple Loops
Comprehensive audio toolset including multi-track editor
Integrated workflow including support for scripts
Support for video formats up to HD resolutions
Full integration with Final Cut Pro 5, DVD Studio Pro 4 and Motion 2

Get precise and flexible control over your audio.

Soundtrack Pro's innovative action-based, sample accurate waveform editor with intelligent repair and restoration functions let you accurately manipulate audio while retaining total creative flexibility. Each edit, effect or process performed in the waveform editor can be turned on or off, or totally re-ordered to give you complete creative control in a non-destructive editor. Intelligent find-and-fix lets you quickly identify, preview and fix common audio problems like background noise, pops, clicks and hum.

Sculpt the perfect sound.

With over 50 professional effect plug-ins including Space Designer, Match EQ and Linear Phase EQ from Logic Pro, you can precisely enhance a dialog track, recreate the reverberant ambiance of any space or create over-the-top sound effects and samples. Ambient noise print streamlines the dialog and live sound editing process by allowing you to quickly remove unwanted sounds and automatically fill them with ambient noise.

Simplify and speed up your production process.

Seamlessly move back and forth between Final Cut Studio applications and Soundtrack Pro for quick and simple audio touch-up and creation work. Or take entire sequences from Final Cut Pro 5 and produce complete soundtracks. You can easily move from DVD Studio Pro 4 and Soundtrack Pro to create director's commentaries and audio beds for menus, and quickly add a sound effect or transition audio to Motion 2 projects. And with Soundtrack Pro's AppleScript capabilities, you can automate common and repetitive audio tasks and execute them directly from Final Cut Pro 5. Audio producers and musicians using applications like Logic Pro, Logic Express, Pro Tools, Digital Performer, Live or Reason can prepare audio for sampler plug-ins, get detailed and focused control over audio files, or automate and batch process thousands of audio files to save time.

#2 thothprod

thothprod

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 01:46 PM

Audio producers and musicians using applications like Logic Pro, Logic Express, Pro Tools, Digital Performer, Live or Reason can prepare audio for sampler plug-ins, get detailed and focused control over audio files, or automate and batch process thousands of audio files to save time.

The above mentioned quote is from Peters post advising of this new APP.........
The reason I post it again is because I have been hearing a lot of bitchin about the features in Soundtrack Pro not being available for Logic,,,,and while I believe this statement to be quite clear that it can be used with Logic,,,,and although optimize to work with Apples Video Apps. it is a more sophisticated Audio Editor ....that can be used witrh not only Logic....but most other Music DAW's that run in OSX.....Please anybody....confirm my observation or tell me if you observe something different.....to me This seems like a GOOD THING....and even if Logic users have the plugs listed....other apps. may not.......which to me would make sense for apple to be able to market it for Apps. outside of Logic users......

#3 Peter

Peter

Site Creator & Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Logic User Since:1998

Posted 18 April 2005 - 02:57 PM

I would like to see soundtrack pro bundled with logic or when editing audio in the arrange a choice to open audio file in Soundtrack pro.

I believe the next version of logic will include import/export from all apple apps.

Peter

#4 stringtapper

stringtapper

Site Supporter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Logic User Since:2004

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:36 AM

I'm split on this. I see why some wish that Logic's audio editor would just *become* Soundtrack Pro but at the same time I think it might be unwieldy to have to open Logic any time I wanted to just convert a file or perform simple edits.

I like the idea of opening STP from within Logic--seems like you would get the best of both worlds.
www.stringtapper.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users