#1 Peter

Peter

Site Creator & Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Logic User Since:1998

Posted 24 May 2005 - 07:22 PM

Well, I received Soundtrack pro today. I has a great layout and seems very user friendly.
1. My Logic control and extender works with it.
2. Apple key + T create tracks in the mixer ( I thought that was pretty cool)
3. Im going to fiddle with the noise reduction stuff. you can make an imprint of some background noise and remove it, its crazy! Just the background noise.
4. Lots off loops and sound effects (over 8gb) it took 25min to install the content disk.
5. Tobyond pointed out to me before I received my copy, that you can specify where you install your apple loops and effects.
Posted Image

Thats all for now, Im going to check out more tomorrow.

Peter

Mixing - Logic Pro X | OS X 10.8.4 | 3.4GHZ Quad Core Hackintosh | 16GB Ram |

Studio Tracking - Logic Pro 9.1.8 | OS X 10.6.8 | 2GHZ Quad Mac Pro | 6GB Ram | Apogee Symphony PCI-e | Apogee AD16X | Apogee Mini DAC | Logic Control & Extender and Mackie Control C4 and a boat load of other cool stuff i use in my studio Static Productions

#2 tobyond

tobyond

Moderator Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Logic User Since:2000

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:03 PM

We are seeing the future of Logic's interface here, it's very nice, easy to do normally difficult things. I removed the ambient noise of a recording so easily, it was child's play!! Pretty powerful stuff!!!

#3 gpax

gpax

Site Supporter

• Site Supporters Plus
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Logic User Since:2003

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:11 PM

You mentioned sound FX ... What kind of FX? Is there redundancy with the either L7 and/or GB Jam Packs, or does STP included something entirely different?

Thanks
pax

Edited by gpax, 24 May 2005 - 08:12 PM.

#4 tobyond

tobyond

Moderator Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:20 PM

There are a lot of Cinematic Sound Effects, as it is primarily a sound designers tool. But I also think the original Soundtracks library of Apple Loops is included, which is mostly the same as what you get in L7, GB, Jam Packs etc.

#5 gpax

gpax

Site Supporter

• Site Supporters Plus
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Logic User Since:2003

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:07 PM

Thanks Tobyond

I like the features as an addition to the Logic workflow, but would be using it primarily for the cleaning up features, if not for the additional library (and some other audio related stuff). I don't do a lot of sound to picture though (but who knows), so I'm not sure. Anyway, as an educator it's half price, so not a huge investment.

One draw back is that my main monitor is not hooked up to an AGP card, which I noticed is "required." Is this mostly for video considerations, or would the program itself run otherwise?

Thanks for you input

pax

#6 tobyond

tobyond

Moderator Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 08:11 PM

Not sure about the AGP thing, I suspect it just means the macs with pci video card (original G4's etc) are not supported. :dknow:

#7 Peter

Peter

Site Creator & Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Logic User Since:1998

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:05 PM

but would be using it primarily for the cleaning up features.....

The Audio Editing window is pretty cool. editing the audio file works like photoshops layers.
You can delete a layer/action, move or edit these layers. Its all totally non destructive.
Removing noise or hum from audio is a snap! Wayyyy..... better than logics denoise plugin, or spark xls denoise and declick plugins.

Peter

Mixing - Logic Pro X | OS X 10.8.4 | 3.4GHZ Quad Core Hackintosh | 16GB Ram |

Studio Tracking - Logic Pro 9.1.8 | OS X 10.6.8 | 2GHZ Quad Mac Pro | 6GB Ram | Apogee Symphony PCI-e | Apogee AD16X | Apogee Mini DAC | Logic Control & Extender and Mackie Control C4 and a boat load of other cool stuff i use in my studio Static Productions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users