transient wave attack sample

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ifyadont

ifyadont

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Logic User Since:2007
  • Audio Software Used:Pro Tools, Finale, Encore, ImovieHD, Digital Performer, Reason

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:36 PM

Hi there,

Does anyone know a way to quickly isolate the duration of a sound within a track in Logic 8.0.2? I Protools, you can "tap the transient" with the "tab" key I believe, instantly giving you the ability to jump from the attack of one sound event to another, without having to zoom into the waveform.

Anything like this in Logic - plugins, keyboard commands, etc?

For instance, I'd like to isolate many 2 to 10-second chunks of audio played by a drummer, then I'd like to assign those sounds to a midi controller. I'm looking for any way to expedite the process of individually going from one audio-event to the next, cutting the track at the attack of the waveform, then cutting after the final decay of the aforementioned sound, then bouncing as a file.

ANY light you could shed on this?

Thanks !

#2 JustDan

JustDan

Logic Moderator

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Audio Engineering / Composition
  • Logic User Since:2009
  • Audio Software Used:Logic Studio

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

I don't have Logic 8, but in Logic 9, In the sample editor, you can use detect transients and double-click the regions to select them. Then, in the edit menu, you can convert those to a region (among other things). I'm guessing 8 has similar functionality. Is that what you are looking for?
Logic Studio 9 | Kontakt 5 | 8Dio Studio Violin | Mac OS X 10.6.8 | 2.53 GHz Mac mini | 4 GB Ram | Mackie MR5 | Sennheiser 600HD | Korg MR2 | Korg nanoPad and nanoKontrol | Oxygen25 | Kawai ES4 | Taylor T5 | Taylor NS42-CE | Jimmy Vaughn Fender Stratocaster | L.R. Boggs Para Acoustic D.I. | Mackie 1202-VLZ Pro

#3 ifyadont

ifyadont

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Logic User Since:2007
  • Audio Software Used:Pro Tools, Finale, Encore, ImovieHD, Digital Performer, Reason

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:00 PM

Hey hey, thanks for your response, JustDan!

Yes that is precisely what I'm looking to do, but I can't find "detect the transient" in any menu in the sample editor. In "functions," all I see is a "search peak" and "search silence" command. Is the option/command literally called "detect transient" ? Either way, where exactly in the sampler editor menu is this option? I'm guessing Logic 9 was the first to have this totally key option, but maybe not?

thanks!

#4 JustDan

JustDan

Logic Moderator

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:46 PM

Sorry it took so long to respond! I'm not sure how Logic 8 does this, or if it does. Apple may have entirely revamped the interface. In Logic 9, pressing the "Transient Editing Mode Button" is a quick way to do this (there is a menu option too). Maybe this will help to locate something similar in 8? http://documentation...er=17&section=2
Logic Studio 9 | Kontakt 5 | 8Dio Studio Violin | Mac OS X 10.6.8 | 2.53 GHz Mac mini | 4 GB Ram | Mackie MR5 | Sennheiser 600HD | Korg MR2 | Korg nanoPad and nanoKontrol | Oxygen25 | Kawai ES4 | Taylor T5 | Taylor NS42-CE | Jimmy Vaughn Fender Stratocaster | L.R. Boggs Para Acoustic D.I. | Mackie 1202-VLZ Pro

#5 JustDan

JustDan

Logic Moderator

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:49 PM

I just looked at the images on Google for Logic 8's sample editor and I don't see that button. If it's there, it's probably under a menu. This is something that may have come with the Flex Tool. Logic 9 is an amazing piece of software art and will definitely make this easy for you if you can upgrade.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users