2 replies to this topic

#1 bmode

bmode

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Logic User Since:2007

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:51 AM

Is anyone using Steinberg's Virtual guitarist in Logic Pro 9? I'm tired of waiting for my guitarist to come by and add parts, so I'm considering purchasing this plug-in to get the ideas down quickly. I played with this at a friend house on Cubase 4, and it was fantastic!

I did a search in this forum for Steinberg's VG2, but nothing came up, please point to old post if it's already been discussed. Thanks in advance.

Edited by bmode, 21 September 2009 - 06:51 AM.

Mac Pro 2x2.8GHz Quad/3.32GBhd/10GBram/10.5.6/Logic Pro 9
Mac Book Pro 2.4Ghz/80GBhd/4GBram
iPhone 3GS 32GB

#2 bmode

bmode

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Logic User Since:2007

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:31 AM

Man this forum is dead. :dknow:
Mac Pro 2x2.8GHz Quad/3.32GBhd/10GBram/10.5.6/Logic Pro 9
Mac Book Pro 2.4Ghz/80GBhd/4GBram
iPhone 3GS 32GB

#3 madkeys

madkeys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Logic User Since:2010

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:16 PM

I loved Virtual Guitarist but it is dead and gone. I ported over to Logic from Cubase sometime ago. I got fed up with buying software (Hypersonic, Virtual Guitarist, Durbarka, Latigo etc) and then find they have been dropped. In fact the Wizzoo guys (VG, Hypersonic etc) were great and designed some very cool stuff but when Digidesign (Now Avid) bought Wizzoo, bang went any updates to the software they designed for Steinberg.
Its a real pain cos if one buys a synth and it goes out of fashion ten years later you can plug it in and it still works even if it sounds crappy. However, with software they just dump you after you've spent hard earned cash on their products that become obsolete. Its very unfair and must be addressed at some stage. I would go with Rob Papens RG guitar or ASS Strum gtr. Still not as good as VG but will help and hopefully won't be a waste of money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users