#1 Peter

Peter

Site Creator & Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Logic User Since:1998

Posted 15 August 2004 - 05:01 PM

Feel free to introduce yourself. It helps other members get to know you better and faster.

When introducing yourself, go ahead and tell us about YOU.
How Long have you been using Logic ?
What Equipment are you using ? ( then add your system setup to your signature.)
How and where you started using Logic.

Peter :good:

Mixing - Logic Pro X | OS X 10.8.4 | 3.4GHZ Quad Core Hackintosh | 16GB Ram |

Studio Tracking - Logic Pro 9.1.8 | OS X 10.6.8 | 2GHZ Quad Mac Pro | 6GB Ram | Apogee Symphony PCI-e | Apogee AD16X | Apogee Mini DAC | Logic Control & Extender and Mackie Control C4 and a boat load of other cool stuff i use in my studio Static Productions

#2 reasonwhy1

reasonwhy1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:music/breaks

Posted 22 August 2004 - 04:11 PM

Hello,

I'm am a breaks producer based in the u.k. Just got Pro 6 and it sounds great!!!!!!!!!!!. Thought i may need some help sometime so i thought it wise to get connected. Think the sites great.

Keep up the good work.

#3 kanker

kanker

Site Supporter

• Site Supporters Plus
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Logic User Since:2002

Posted 23 August 2004 - 12:25 AM

Hi all,
I bought the Logic Production Kit a year and a half ago, and have mainly used it as an instrument host for live performance, and as a sequencer/Rewire master for composition. Now, of course, I'm running Pro. I'm starting to get a little more into the audio side of it to record some of my acoustic stuff (as well as an Acid Jazz/Funk/Bop group I play with), and will soon be upgrading my I/O from the Emagic 6|2 that came with the Kit to an ESI Quatafire, and hopefully eventually an ESI Hexafire when they hit the market (which is one killer looking piece). I hope to get some good tips on getting the most out of the audio side of Logic, as it is such a modular, customizable app. I've used a Roland hard disk recorder in the past, but as we all know, Logic is a completely different beast. I also hope that this board progresses in the spirit that Peter intends, as many of the other Logic boards can seem overwhelming and strict, not particularly comforting things to new users.

#4 Lusamars

Lusamars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Lots of stuff :)

Posted 23 August 2004 - 08:39 PM

Hello All :)

I like to make some tunes just for fun in my spare time.
I still use Logic Audio 4.8 on OS9 but very soon will be on a G5+LAP. Im sure ill learn a lot here and help when i can. This User Forum is very organized and stylish...

Good work Peter!

#5 Ben Watkins

Ben Watkins

Where do I post this ?

• Site Supporters Plus
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:music
  • Logic User Since:2000

Posted 05 September 2004 - 07:38 PM

Hello

My name is Ben and i've been using logic since version 4.0. I started out on the PC and around v5 switched over to a Mac. ummm.... using logic for personal gratification.
Great looking forum, full of info. Looks like a great place to hang out and ask questions. I love the tips and tricks section.
see ya all around.

Ben

#6 breeyark

breeyark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 05:47 PM

Hi Everyone,

These kind of things are so cool......you learn so much!

I live in Ottawa, Canada, and have the following system;

Powerbook 17" 1.3Mhz w/1G Ram
Logic Pro
MOTU 896HD
Remote 25 as my working keyboard
"Vintage" Roland R8
PSB Monitors powered by a Bryston 4BST

Just kinda learning how all this stuff works. Musically, I use to be a studio guitar player, kinda got sidetracked becoming a telecom engineer, and I finally decided that since I could not fully commit to a band, I would instead build a little studio and write. And so, here I am!

Looking forward to learning a lot from everyone.

Bree

#7 elcappn

elcappn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Anything Music
  • Logic User Since:2003

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:30 PM

Hi Everybody

I'm drummer/percussionist here in L.A. I switched from Pro Tools to Logic about a year ago and have been happy ever since. I mainly use it for demoing ideas and creating loops. Logic rocks, and I hope that someday it turns into that PT killer many would like it to be :lol:

-Chris

#8 Nitro

Nitro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 12:13 PM

Hi!

I started with Logic around 1.5 I think...
I came from C-Lab Notator and before that Hybrid Arts smptetrack if anybody remembers. God, I feel old thinking about this.(And I haven't turned 40...)
I do music and sound for radio and tv, and produce records.
A true mediawhore... :-)

Cheers

@nders

#9 huggie

huggie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Logic User Since:1996

Posted 21 September 2004 - 03:14 AM

Hi Logic users.

I started with logic 3. Now using Logic Pro.

I make music as a hobby. But I used to write TV Jingles. The money was great but you had to sell your soul! I enjoy making music a hell of a lot more now I don't make money off it!

The most fun bit of software I use at the moment is iDrum. Get it! I promise you hours of fun for all the family!
Huggie don't play dat.

#10 DiscoDave

DiscoDave

Where do I post this ?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Chillis / Euro sleazy thrillers / Kronenborg / James Ellroy

Posted 29 September 2004 - 03:19 AM

Hi all,
Just a quick hello from UK.
Guitarist by trade.
I started sequencing on a yamaha QY70, which I still use sometimes, because they're wicked.
Using Logic Pro 6, although my first foray into computer sequencing was reason 2.5 & Ableton Live 3.
Now though, learning a lot more about using Logic although it takes a while, and I don't think my Powerbook is powerful enough to produce the kind of compositions I want to achieve.

Hope y'all are cool!

#11 bemuzed

bemuzed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Songwriting/composition
  • Logic User Since:1995

Posted 29 September 2004 - 10:45 PM

Hi everyone,

hello from New Zealand!

I've been using Logic for years - since version 2 I think.

I did some beta-testing way back on Logic 3 and nowadays teach Logic courses and set up DAW systems amongst many other things.
(Actually most of it seems to be fixing peoples' computers dammit...)
I run Logic on both PC and Macs - lots of different versions depending on where I am at the time - mainly I use an old Powerbook with Logic Pro6 (although I have access to dual G5's where I work).
I've been a studio engineer for 20-odd years, now I mainly just teach audio engineering and do some mastering jobs in between creating my own electronica.

I love visiting these forums to find out the latest tips and tricks - and also to remember how to do things that I've forgotten!
Oh, and for the pleasant company of course ;o)

cheers!

#12 mvde

mvde

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:jazz & logic
  • Logic User Since:1987

Posted 01 October 2004 - 02:16 PM

Hi logic users around the world.
I'm a jazz pianist and singer playing for 20 years in the paris hotel circuit. I've been using Logic as far back as Gerhard lengeling appeared, that is around 1987 I believe with a sequencer for Atari called Creator. His company was then called C-Lab.
So I've been through all the changes.. ! The program has out grown me a little though. Certain topics I don't feel too well informed about any more although I feel pretty much in control all the time. For the past few years I've slowed down a lot on midi, and I mainly use Logic for Live recording and score editing.. And I love it ! :D

#13 Mark Lyon

Mark Lyon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 04:47 PM

Hi all. I'm a part-time keyboardist/guitarist who's been playing live in a number of bands for quite a while. A couple of years back, I decided to get into recording and have been putting together a home/project studio. I've been working with PT (Mbox) and Logic on a laptop PC since then and, with the introduction of Logic Pro 7, will be making the jump to a new G5 system with LP7 later this year. I discovered this place after following various links from the LP7 pages on Apple's site.

In addition to some external synths, I'm running Reason, NI Komplete 2, STLE 2, and a couple other VSTis from time to time along with a bunch of plug-ins. I use Chainer to run B4, Absynth and STLE 2 in live situations along with my hardware synths. Haven't used Reason live yet, but am thinking of it. I also have a stunted version of Abelton's Live that's been begging to be used, but I just haven't spent time with it yet.

Business-wise, I've been trying to break into some sound design and music scoring work (had a little pick-up stuff here and there). I have a couple of CD projects for which I'm currently in the writing stage. Hope to start laying down tracks on those sometime early next year (once LP7 is up and running). Website is in the works.

Cheers,

Mark

#14 georgelegeriii

georgelegeriii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 12:15 AM

George Leger III

Author: VTC Logic, and CSI Logic starter tutorials. Been using Logic since V1, beta tested for about 7 years.

Make records, master CD's, mix, consult, do tech work, heck, anything to keep from getting a day job. Been going full time since 1984

SYSTEM: G5 dual 1.8, 1 gig ram, OS 10.3.x, Lynx 2b, UAD-1, Powercore.
Logic, Nuendo, Cubase, Live, Reason, And a bunch of stuff on my PC.
Most every plugin out.

Coolest part of my life is meeting and working with some of my heros. And helping people to get this stuff. To see the light go on... very cool.
Oh, and mixing a great tune!

Play: Guitar, bass, program drums, which I used to play, keyboards...

Take care, George

#15 mitch

mitch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 03:23 PM

Hi,

Been using Logic since version 3, the one that came with the first AW8 cards. Upgraded to Gold, then Platinum, then Pro. I think I've bought Logic several times over with all the upgrades. Worth it, though. Waiting for the Version 7 upgrade to arrive.

I own a studio and do a lot of work in Television, Music Production and Mastering.

#16 B3 Basher

B3 Basher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Logic User Since:2004

Posted 05 October 2004 - 02:49 PM

Hi from the UK.

Pro musician until mid 20's. Escaped the scene to become something that pays each month. Hobbyist for now (Give me a couple of years to learn Logic). This site will grow - It's nice to be in early - Keep up the good work Peter.

Tastes? - "Eclectic" - Oakenfold, Brian Transeau, Talk Talk, Tears For Fears, Blue Nile, Chemical Brothers, Muse, Foo Fighters...is that diverse enough? :)

#17 Kris

Kris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 03:16 PM

Greetings from New Hampshire. Just recently got Logic Pro 7, switched over from MOTU DP4, and very glad I did! I'm a drummer, guitarist, Chapman Stickist and Native American Flute player, as well as an audio engineer for over 20 years now. I do marketing/training video and audio production work by trade, as well as recording my own material in my project studio.

Gear includes G4 PowerBook, Logic Pro 7, DP4, Fostex FD8, TC Electronic GMajor, M-One and Finalizer Plus, MOTU 828MKII, a vintage Otari MX70 1-inch deck, Behringer V-Amp 2 and Bass V-Amp, '73 Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gibson ES-135, Washburn EA-26, Ibanez SR400 Bass, Chapman Stick 10-string Paduak 1762, BC Rich Bich, Rogers Drums w/Paiste & Zildjian cymbals, too many mics to mention.

Kris

#18 De Palm

De Palm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 11:05 AM

I'm De Palm producer, bassist, composer and Logic user based in Rio, Brazil. Looking forward to help and get some help from you guys!

see ya!

#19 lavish

lavish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 09:27 PM

My turn my turn!

Greetings from New York City.
Songwriter/producer mainly in hip hop/rnb.
Been using Logic for only a few months, but needless to say (oh, I'll say it) it's brilliant. A new world.
For the time being I keep a very portable setup (see sig) in order to go where I'm needed for projects. Besides monkeying around on the computer I play drums, guitar and bass. Wyclef plays 12 instruments and I'm doing my best to keep up :shock:

I'm easy to get along with and love walks on the beach. Peace out :wink:

#20 Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Logic User Since:1994

Posted 25 October 2004 - 02:47 PM

Been using logic since the days when the manual was still half-written in german...learnt my trade on the cello in an orchestra (you know that thing that Exs24 tries to imitate so often). I'm a pro composer in Paris at the mo using a G4 867 Bipro, Sibelius and Logic Pro 7 which I am struggling to come to terms with - so much has changed since 6.4.2 ! At least it kept my keyboard shortcuts intact...

I've just finished a video game called "Still Life" which is due out next year; I'm starting work on a cartoon for TV next week and I'm doing a film score for Sony which is hush hush for now =) I hoping that logic 7 won't let me down - none of the other versions ever have:-)
Great forum - nice to be here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users