#21 jad

jad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Math, programming, physics, music

Posted 27 October 2004 - 11:25 AM

Hello. :D

Used Logic since 4.7 on a G4 400Mz when I got a cracked copy and realised that profools was too restrictive and very rigid.
Sometime in 1999 I sold/hacked my old analog gear when I discovered how good softsynths sounded.
Recently I got a G5 now because it's a demon of a machine and it serves me well. Logic is a very well developed and streamlined yet deep application.
Creating AU plugins is one of my goals this year. If anyone has done it from scratch or from existing open code contact me please!
Making electronic music since I was 15 in New Orleans playing in a variety of noizecore/industrial bands, Djing since '95, producing heavily hiphop/house/techno since 97.

-One release on Canadian house record label - Aquarius recordings - Tonite Ep (Kryogenics rmx)
- 3 releases on Wave theory media
B.S in Physics

contact me about developing AU plugins!!
:P

#22 jonesy

jonesy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 09:05 AM

Hi All,

My name is Jason and I have been a logic user since v. 4.8. I used to have a Digi001 and used Protools---but it seemed kinda limited to what you could do. I got Logic and BAM!!! " Wow, this program rocks"---I thought and still do. So, here I am. Lovin' Logic 7 and all that it can do.
I mainly compose rock music, with some synth/metal music :twisted: and even some pop/classical. 8)

So, just wanted to say "Hey everyone" and this forum rocks!

Cheers,

Jason

#23 sonicbaz

sonicbaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 11:41 PM

G'day everyone,

My name is Baz.

I started on a Atari in the late 80s with Notator. I have been playing keys professionally for over 10 years and have a nice collection of synths. I have produced and written albums for people here in Brisbane and have my own dance tracks in the pipeline with a couple of different labels.

I was running Logic 6 but have recently sold my G4 to buy a G5, so I am back on my PC running 5.51 right now. I have 2 UAD-1 and plan to expand my setup soon with a high end digital mixer, Powermac G5, Logic 7 and a Magma chassis. 8)

I look forward to being part of this forum.

Baz

producer.composer

#24 Stick

Stick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Golf

Posted 11 November 2004 - 02:05 PM

Hey folks...

Been a Logic guy since Opcode gave up the ghost... version 4, I think. I'm running it on ProTools HD3 Accel hardware when I'm not mixing or tracking in ProTools.

I've pretty much done the works... started in Jingles, done movie scoring, pop writing, programming and production, now a do a lot of mixing, and even some mastering (though I'd rather not do it!). Lately I've been working on independant Christian worship records for a bunch of churches and artists... nice to work on stuff without the "industry" junk attached.

I live sort of near Sacramento, CA... up in the hills toward Lake Tahoe, after we moved a few months ago from LA... I sure don't miss it. Trees, quiet, nice people, a great place to raise my 2 boys. We've got a big enough lot that'll I'll soon be building a studio with a control room and a small tracking room.

If you're in the area... let me know.. we'll go play golf (now THAT would be cool to do for a living... HA!)

Peace,
stick

#25 bosie

bosie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Music, Film, Flash

Posted 18 November 2004 - 08:28 AM

Hi, I'm Bosie from London, wish I could wave a wand or download the technique into my brain or something but I'll be coming here instead for advice. I love to play instruments, hoping logic will be the interface to make it all work. First off, synchronization /.. runs off to find a book.

#26 samsara

samsara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 08:32 PM

Hi all...glad to join the forum...not yet purchased Logic, but should do before the new year all being well...got a few questions to ask here..

http://logicproforum...p?showtopic=393

Other than that, not much to declare..I'm a UK based producer & studio owner..familiar with Steinberg & Digi stuff, but not Logic, so it's all new stuff to me..

cheers all

Ru x

#27 Bitstreem

Bitstreem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Music and musicmaking, sci-fi, horror and asian cinema, general geekness
  • Logic User Since:1997

Posted 19 December 2004 - 03:17 PM

Greetings from Oslo, Norway! :)

I've been using Logic since 2.7 on PC, spent the better part of an educational loan on LAW and an... ahem... Audiowerk8 card back in '97, I believe. It worked, how to say it, adequately? Struggled like heck the first year or so, since none of my friends were Logic users, and I didn't have internet back then. Started to get the hang of it a year later, and signed on to the Logic User Group mailing list as soon as I got an internet connection the same year (1998). I've been a professional lurker since then. :wink:

Never been a professional in the proper meaning of the word, but I've done my small share of radio jingle work, one (1) TV-commercial song and a couple of badly (non-)paid yet fun remix gigs and indie productions. I don't do music for money anymore, and have no plans to do so in the future. My job for the last 5 years have been selling musical gear, and I enjoy it very much. I think I am one fellow member Nitro's regular gear-pushers... :lol:

Musically I'm slightly confused and have been involved in anything from black metal to electronic pop. I have very little fear or respect for genres and usually throw myself headon into any project I find interesting, qualified or not. :wink: I'm currently working on an album project with my collaborator from the last 7 years, Terje S.

We both switched from LAW 5.5.1 on PC to shiny new dual G5s running Logic 7 this month, and are currently trying to get used to things like the applekey, OSX permissions and that bloody dock-thingy. :lol:

Oh dear, long introduction. You guys at the back row can wake up now, I'm done. For now. :wink:

Cheers,

Arne S.

#28 hitherto

hitherto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 12:55 AM

Hi, this is a great place. Glad to join.

I started playing bass, and trash cans at the age of 15 (10 years ago). Begged my parents for drums for years before that, but I just kept getting a harmonica (my dad said that it was the best cuz I could keep it in my pocket and take it with me where ever I went).

Then I picked up the guitar, and started trying to sing (still trying). I went to college at UCSD (a great place for music I might add). I got a minor in Music Technology, because I wasn't good enough to get a Major (couldn't get myself to sight read music).

The first computer music software that I used was Max/Msp, took some classes from Miller Puckett. And then I learned about ProTools.

Now I spend all my money on music technology, and music technology magazines (what my girlfriend calls reasons to ignore her). Started with the Powerbook, and an Mbox, then Reason. But that was too limiting for midi work. So I got Live 4, but that is too inefficient. I just got LE7 for Christmas, and I love it. Have learned a lot and have a lot to learn.

Oh yeh, and I am in a band http://www.coimusic.com.

Hope you all can help.

Thanks,
Ian

#29 kev

kev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:ambient/electronic experimental pap synths and softsynths samplers recording equipment field recording..more but are you still reading?
  • Logic User Since:2004

Posted 25 January 2005 - 03:22 PM

hi all!
kev here been looking at the site since last year and now its all new!
upgraded to logic pro 7 at xmas from pro 6
also running spectrasonics atmosphere and reason rewired and just about got to grips with the basics of logic!
ive come from a hardware side of synths and samplers/sequencers and fx and used to play bass along time ago!
and last year decided to go soft! altho ive messed with reason since it came out
im using a powerbookG4 with 1.25GB
atmosphere is very hungry and space designer too one question is how much memory do i really need?
and ive not done this yet but is this how i would get around it?
i play a piece using say a few atmosphere synths a couple of sculptures
and with space designer reverbs delays etc.. till the cpu meters are hitting high then i bounce that down to an audio file
play that in and start again layering synths samples and fx?
see with reason i could use lots of synths lots of fx and all my samples and it would'nt use much cpu i know the sound is alot better in logic than reason but i feel restricted in making tunes
so ive taken to using my samples and or reason rewired in logic and just adding bits from logic here and there
anyhow enough of my rant thanx for reading :shock:

#30 tedjames

tedjames

Site Supporter

• Site Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Logic User Since:1999

Posted 30 January 2005 - 03:19 PM

Hi everyone
i'm a logic user from providence ri usa
i've been using logic since v4 and love it
i make a sort of urban-industrial type of thing
and at some point hope to release some of it
i play and record all of the instruments/vocals
if you are interested you can check out my website to hear some of my songs.
talk to you soon
-t

#31 axolotl

axolotl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Logic User Since:2005

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:23 PM

Hi everybody,

I came to Logic recently, after inadvertently buying DP. It was so good at version 2.1...what happened? Anyhow, after good recommendation from my dear friend at Apple, a telling demo of Logic at my local Guitar Center (where I met a stunning gal who was going to learn Logic too--hey! it's always good to network with other users!), and a very good class through UCLA Extension intro'ing Logic Pro 7, I stand before you as a decent novice user, albeit a bit wobbly in the legs. Oh, and I ebay'd my DP away. It's Logic, Reason, and some atrophying ProTools for me, thanks.

I make music with an L.A. rock band -- http://www.theeyesopen.com -- but, as we are all heavy computer music makers/film score dudes (or dudes in training--that would be me), we don't use computers in our rockin' and rollin'. I intend to use Logic for my own solo projects, both acoustic and electronic, and to make my way in the film scoring arena, and have a lot of fun doing so. Fun has already commenced...I have been singing into microphones, playing acoustic and electric guitars, and mixing up dear Iggy Pop's yowls into some dirty drum 'n' bass. [The sweet orchestral tracks will come later when I buy a sample library--distortion, that's free. ;) ]

This forum looks mighty neato, and I look forward to making y'alls acquaintances.

cheers,

Axo

#32 Commander

Commander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Logic User Since:1995

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:14 PM

Hi there!

I'm new here and crap at selling myself, but here goes ...

I'm on LP7 and been using Logic for ages, pretty much since it first came out. I'm a pro musician working mainly in TV commercials, Library Music and BBC themes, though by background I'm a drummer. I spent many years doing session work before touring the World a few times with a very well known rock singer, and during this time I got into songwriting, earning a Grammy nomination and appearing on several platinum selling albums.

I'm looking forward to learning some stuff and maybe sharing some knowledge on the forums!

#33 marcusmiller

marcusmiller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:13 PM

What's going on everyone,

Marcus Miller here. I've been using Logic pretty intensely for the last 4 years. I'm a producer (my own stuff and other artists) and I compose for films. For my latest CD, I stayed pretty much in Logic from beginning tracking to mixing. Logic gets better with each version. I've done a couple of demonstrations at Apple Stores for Logic and I've really enjoyed that too. It's funny - four years ago, I carried two huge road cases full of gear in order to compose for films while I was on the road. Right now, I'm traveling with a laptop running Logic, a small interface and an Oxygen keyboard! Pretty cool!

#34 Rob

Rob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Music

Posted 23 April 2005 - 08:08 PM

Hello!

Guitar player/songwriter, mostly doing it for my own gratification at this point...still submit the occasional tune to a songplugger buddy from time to time.....

Been with Logic since 3.0. Current rig, Mac DP 1.42 2GB RAM, 3 120 GB internal drives w/8mb cache, MIO ULN-2 for clean pre's and conversion, Great River ME1-NV for the beef, way to many microphones, (need some more), far to many guitars and bass's and the same amount of amp's.

Look's like a real nice place ya' got here!

Rob

Edited by Rob, 23 April 2005 - 08:08 PM.

#35 josedelamar

josedelamar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:33 PM

Hi, my name is jose and i've been producing dance music for about 2 years now. I used to use Acid 4.0, but now switched to Apple and got Logic Pro 7.0. I've had it for three months now and pretty happy with it. :biggrin:
It allows me to do so many things i couldn't do before using Acid. I still need some help mastering my tracks tho. Please visit my website Josedelamar.com and let me know any sugestions you may have for me.......I know there will be a lot...lol :victory: Thank You!

#36 monadyne

monadyne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 12:59 AM

Hi, all.

I have Logic Pro on a 1 MHZ Powerbook. I got it to record my blues tunes, but I've had some neurological problems lately and haven't been able to play music. So, I haven't used the software for much, other than for doing MIDI arrangements of the backing tracks. I'm just waiting 'til I get well enough to record.

--Jack

#37 midmus

midmus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 03:25 AM

Hi!

Midmus here, 45 year old Swede. Been using Logic since version 6. 2day working on a double 2.0 G5. I only record 1 by 1 channs and Behringer digital equptment. Mostly commercial and sometimes alitte pop tune. / Midmus

#38 docbass

docbass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:music. soccer

Posted 24 April 2005 - 03:31 AM

Hi Peter et al.

Thank you for writing to encourage participation. sorry for being silent.
Introductions and questions, together.

I am a 45 year old medicl Doctor and have been producing music in asia, for the last 20 years. Both commercially as well as labour of love. Pop, Rnb, acaPella, Percussion band, choir,

I moved over to Notator, (the prequel to Logic) in the late 80s, having tried Doctor T KCS, Hybrid arts SMPTE track...for those who remember that era.:-)

My present setup:
macg5 Dual 1.8GHz; 6.5G Ram, LOGIC PRO 7.01.(awaiting 7.1)
SATA HD x2, (1 for OSX 10.39 + programmes, another for Audio files dedicated),
2 EXt FW 800 for SAMPLE LIBRARY (Spectra, DKFH, PLP, EX24 etc)
PLugs; PSP, UAD-1 UltraPak,Moog Arturia, Garritan PO)
RME dedicated Convertors and Multiface Card.
PC with GIGASTUDIO x 2
TAC MAGNUM Analog Mixer with various outboards: (9098,Manley, Langevin, Liqd channel, Tube Tech, Eventide,Lexicon, Universal Audio, SUMMIT, TC)
Various Mics. (AKG C12 VR, Neumanns, 414s, Rodes,)
Spkers: Tannoy berkelee (15in Coaxial-20+ yrs old!) Meyer HD-1, Quested Q205

i Like LOGIC. :-)

I don't like the fact that in spite of paying to stay in touch with upgrades,
the system is less than "perfect". Each jump in computer processing power and Logic upgrade promised much but in the end, for all the promises, the system isn't blazing and at times unstable..

a) eagerly awaiting TIGER, as after upgrading to OSX and core Audio and all that stuff, my using 2 RME Multifaces to get 26 + 26 outputs was curtailed to just 26 outs. (is a limitation if you are trying to get audio out of the system to process externally)

b) sometimes when a song gets filled up (not a lot, just 20-30 audio tracks, few a/Instr) the redraws of the screen would slow down/stutter, when I zoom up and down..
tried changing te video card to a 256mB ram card.. tried dumping the undo list (as advised on one of the discussion grps) but to no avail.

c) I do wish instead of getting new features, they'd have some of the older ones finished..can we have the TRIM function on the LOGIC controller working please ? :-)

d) I just discovered Apple-Right/Left can take me to the next EX24 setting.which is great. Does anyone know a similar shortcut to advance to next setting on EVP88,ES-1 etc?

If anyone wants to chat about LOGIC / gear and stuff, i would be happy to share my 2c and own experiences. I did shootouts with some reverb machines, convertors, and preamps, over the years have gone from Analog (Mixer and 24 track 2inch) to DIGITAL with Yamaha 02r and Sony baby Oxford and have gone back to the Analog Mixer, with LOGIC, for the non linear advantages and editing capabilities.

Best wishes to all and if anyone has any replies to my questions and similar experiences..would love to hear from you.

SYD

DR SYDNEY TAN
SINGAPORE

#39 Bazza

Bazza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Music Tech, playing in bands, travel and going to the gym (at the moment anyway).
  • Logic User Since:2001

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:24 AM

Hi everyone, just found this forum quite recently and it looks pretty damned good! I am a home recordist in a couple of bands and teach English by day!

My set up is an apple dual 1.8 G5 (older model) with a Yamaha o1x, CS2x controller, A station and of course Logic pro 6 running V station, Vanguard, Battery and a few freebies.

I will be considering upgrading to Logic 7.1 once Tiger is out and stable.

If anyone is from the North east, get in touch as I'm always interested in talking music tech to anyone.

Bazza

#40 benjy

benjy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:25 AM

hi from france !
i ve been using logic since logic 5 on pc and have switching with logic 6 and 7 on an imac g5
i make my own songs and logic and the mac is now a wonderful instrument

with my 01x my variax my pod xtl and soon my workbench (i hope so) :cool:

i hope this forum could help me in the environnement problem and the node application with firewire

benjy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users