• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#41 buelligan

buelligan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:31 AM

hi the name is Kramer.... Marco Kramer..

(non professional) Bassplayer in the netherlands. I'm using Logic Xpress 7 for half a year now and like it alot!!

Also use Live 4 to fool around and i think this is also a very nice daw..

regards,
Buelligan

PB G4 15" , M-audio Fasttrack, Logic Xpress, Ableton Live 4

#42 phillbot

phillbot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Logic User Since:1998

Posted 24 April 2005 - 05:15 AM

Hi, I am a London based Logic 6.4 producer, writer on OS9 STILL!!. I have been using Logic for over 10 years and this is the first time i have not been using the latest upgrade.
The reason?

I use protools HD cards with Logic and a G4 if i go to osX then the redraw becomes unbearable so i would need a G5, but then there is not enough slots for my cards, so i would need a very expensive chassis. SO annoying.

Anyway don't want to complain, Logic is a great program and it's really useful for me to keep up with what's going on and these forums are great for that, it also means that when i do move i will have all the facts (hopefully).

If anyone needs os9 help then i'm your man

Rgds
Phill

#43 boing505

boing505

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Contemporary music and sounddesign. Composing for theatres, dance companies, radioplays and solo projects.
  • Logic User Since:1994

Posted 24 April 2005 - 07:19 AM

Hi there !

I am a Logic Pro power user. I compose a lot of stuff for different theatre and dance projects and for my own solo music & theatre projects. I simply love working with Logic Pro on my new fast mac and I am almost only working with software instruments instead of my old hardware gear.The new Logic plugins Sculpture and Ultrabeat are simply amazing.
At the moment I am using the Rewire technology a lot because when I create works on my powerbook at a rehearsal I can take it home to the big system and finish it. it is a great combination for me.

All the best. Logic Pro Forum is great.......!!

#44 Citytea

Citytea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Logic User Since:1996

Posted 24 April 2005 - 12:03 PM

Hiya - Im Claudio de Thonato from a small City near Munic, Bavaria, Germany called Baldham, where several Musicstudios are situated!

Im working with Logic since its first release on the Atari, before used its prequels Notator and Creator and even more before started recording on a Computer with the first release of Gerhard Lengeling, Supertrack for the C 64, which was a great step forward from recording all the stuff to a multitrack-tape-machine for me...

Had a delay of six years although in my music-making-history, as I stepped out cause lack of time at V. 2.4 of Logic on the Atari and just went in again in Nov. 2003 with a G5 2G Dual on Logic 6! Once again a huge step forward!

Actually Im using only internal Instruments and Plug-Ins, although I saved all my old analogue-stuff for the moment of starting again - but i was just tired from eliminating all the hissing and tuning of the old hardware and realized very fast, that the G5 is able to handle a complete native system quite well! So at the time my favourite is to work completely native - what a luxury to use a Oberheim Matrix 12 just as a MIDI-Keyboard...

#45 dhrose

dhrose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Music, Art, and other cool stuff...

Posted 24 April 2005 - 12:05 PM

Hmmm...

DH Rose here... Artist, guitar player since Sears made a fiberglass bodied kids guitar in there catalog. (30 years) Electronic musician and fan ever since I heard "Tarkus" by ELP... or the sound of a Moog, whichever came first... Post at KVR, and OSX audio... Dual 2.0 G5, L7... Reason 3.0 DSP Quatro. Mac users since, well 1985 (first Mac IIs, SE30s)... :victory:

#46 DJE356

DJE356

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Logic User Since:1999

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:36 PM

Hi everybody;

My name is Jrmie Leib and i'm living in the south of France.
I'm the owner of a mobile 24 tracks recording studio dedicated to recording live gigs.
I start making music on a computer with Logic 3.7 on a BW G3 350Mhz after 10 years as a guitars player in some rock bands and few years of piano when i was a child.

My current set is:
PowerBook 15' 1.5Ghz, 1.5Gb Ram, 128Mo Vram + 17' Apple Studio TFT screen
OSX 10.3.9 (soon 10.4)
Logic Pro 7.01 (soon 7.1)
RME Digiface
3x Swissonic AD8 (preamps + AD converter)
1x Alesis AI3
LaCie D2 extrem 250 Gb FW800 Hard Drive (rackmounted)
Mackie Control Universal
Oxygen 8
Evolution UC-16
Monitoring: M-Audio BX8 + SBX (sub), B&W lm1 and Audio-Technica headphone
Gibson Guitars (Les Paul, SG, ES 125-1957)
Soldano and Vintages Marshall Amps & Cabinets
Vintage (50's) Pleyel Piano

This Forum is really one of the best source for Logic users with osxAudio.com.
Thanx Peter

MAZELTOV! :wink:

#47 twoolley

twoolley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Logic User Since:1992

Posted 24 April 2005 - 05:51 PM

Hello Logic Pro Forums,

I am a retired 60 year old guy who has been using Logic since 1992 when I first installed version 2.5 on my old SE30 Mac. I am now using Logic Express 7.0.1 on a 17" aluminum PowerBook. My studio includes a old Yamaha pfs80 weighted keyboard that I will never give up, Proteus modules, a K200R, Lexicon Reverb, a Midi Timepiece, and other associated equipment to aid my love of classical scoring and performing.

I am enjoying Logic Express - especially playing with loops and the other bells & whistles that we could only dream about 20 years ago.

I'll be lurking around to learn more about Logic Express to get the most out of it, and to occasionally ask a question about some confusing issue I can't figure out.

Cheers, Tom

#48 sodacake

sodacake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Logic User Since:2001

Posted 24 April 2005 - 07:32 PM

Hi all, I'm sodacake, we'll we're sodacake, damian and solange that is. We've been using Logic for a few years now on a much older system. Do a bit of work for the ABC radio, sound design for a few independent media outlets and have just returned from a two year stint living near Toulouse in the south of France. Starting a label here in Sydney, releasing a CD compilation in July at the SoundLounge in the Seymour center (if anyone can make it let me know and I'll email the details). We do soundtrack, electronica, contemporary classical, I'm a percussionist, Solange plays piano. We're hooked up to Logic Pro 7 with a V-Drum and MIDI keyboard via the Hammerfall DSP multiface and a new G4. It's a dream, after upgrading to this new system from OS 9 to X and Logic 4.8 to 7 we've come out of the dark ages. All of a sudden everything is plug and play, fantastic! Looking forward to the upgrades. :detective:

#49 mdavisetc

mdavisetc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Musical soundscapes, blues, meditation, nature sounds
  • Logic User Since:1990

Posted 24 April 2005 - 11:16 PM

Greetings.
I've been using Logic since version 4. Migrated to Mac when the changeover happened. Never looked back. Still have occasional freezes and crashes. Hope to find some tips on how to make that problem go away, as well as new ways to use the software - which I love in spite of the lost data.

By the way, I looked for how to make a new message, but could only find the reply button to your message. I figure that as admin you can help me see what I'm doing wrong.

Best,

Michael

#50 saxam

saxam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Logic User Since:2004

Posted 25 April 2005 - 05:35 AM

Hi
I am a user for a year now.
I am a multimedia producer and i use a dual G5 with rev 7.1

#51 Drew

Drew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:40 AM

Hi Everyone,
Ii'm a Christian Producer/ Engineer/ Church Director of Music based in Queens, New York. I'm been a Logic user since the company was called C-Lad. At present I'm running Logoc Pro 7.01 (I ordered the 7.1 upgrade but they say there's a delay in shipping :angry: ).

My system consists of a PwerMac Dual 1gig, 1.5gig ram, MOTU 828, Unitor 8, Logic Control, Event Project Studio8, and a bunch of various software and analog synths.

Love this forum it's benn really helpful, keep up the good work.

Best regards to all.

#52 duka

duka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:58 AM

Hi everybody!

I'm duka

Good work to all of you!

-----------
www.thesilentsenders.com

#53 Hide

Hide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Music, Computer, Automotive, Video Game... And so on. ;)

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:48 PM

Hi, :rolleyes:

I'm still using Pro 6 on my PBG4. (I'm worrying to switch Tiger because I don't want to upgrade to Pro 7...)
Just composing original concept music on Logic.
Logic Pro is really great DAW but my PBG4 is too slow when I want to use many plugins...
So, I really want getting the Dual G5 machine. :drool:
And basicaly, I'm e-bass(5strings fretless) player.

Cheers! :happy:
Hide

#54 bassguy5

bassguy5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 05:05 PM

Hello,
I am using Logic Pro 7.01 (7.1 on the way). It took me a while to switch from Cubase, but I am glad I did. I am running on a 800MHZ G4 iMac with virtually no problem. I am saving for the big one!!! I record mostly singer songwriter stuff. Yamaha DTXpress and BFD for drums...motu 828 MKI. Ramble ramble ramble...

#55 gobogobo

gobogobo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 03:37 AM

Hello
I'm Logic Express user and I'm living in Poland,
I'm musician, producer
You can visit my site: www.silverrocket.pl
enjoy

#56 smillie54

smillie54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Logic User Since:2002

Posted 28 April 2005 - 04:13 PM

Hi Everyone,

I haven't really got a lot to say apart from hello, and cool site. Looking forward to learning all kinds of stuff and helping out where I can too!

As far as history goes, I'm not a pro, semi-pro or even competent musician. I haven't really made anything or recorded much, ... although.... the intention is definitely there! :dknow:

I've been mucking around in Logic for a while but have really started to get my head around the bits I use in the past year or so. I've purchased a few tasty plugs and such like and with the recent updates to logic am finding it more and more intuitive as it goes along... so that's a good thing!
Pwrbk G4 1Ghz | 1GB Ram | Logic Pro 7.1 | OS X 10.3.8 | Native Instruments Komplete 2 | Guitar Rig | Serato Scratch Live | 828MKII | Dynaudio BM5As

#57 adub

adub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Music Production

Posted 28 April 2005 - 08:57 PM

greetings, i'm new to Logic having been a long time Protooler and Reason user. I'm looking forward to participating here.

anyone know how to quickly assign a midi controller to control ultrabeat? It seems that each drum/voice needs to have controllers reassigned which is quite cumbersome... any ideas?

thanks!

#58 vvega

vvega

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Music, Movies, Home Theater and Fast Cars
  • Logic User Since:2005

Posted 29 April 2005 - 02:27 PM

Hey All,

I am a brand new user of Logic Pro 7.

I have been using analog recording devices for the past 20 years and finally decided to make the jump to digital.

The release of the Mac Mini was the deciding factor for me (lowered my intial investment to about $2,000 including software, and I figured it was time to make the jump). I had no idea if I would be able to figure out all the intricacies of using Logic Pro after being so used to my current home studio set-up.

I have just started using it, and so far so good. I am just practicing with it and haven't really laid down anything other than rough tracks at this point.

This forum has been invaluable, and I am looking forward to using it in the years to come to help me work my way through this amazing piece of software.

-Peter (vvega)

#59 shade3320

shade3320

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Music - Guitar & Keyboard
  • Logic User Since:2005

Posted 29 April 2005 - 03:31 PM

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to Logic but have been studying music for over thirty years. Used to have a home studio (Tascam analog) but sold it after my wife and I started having kids (16 years ago). I've had the itch to get back into recording again so I made the leap a few months ago and purchased a new dual processor PowerMac G5, Logic 7.0, a PreSonus Firepod and an MOTU MicroExpress. I'm using Martin Sitter's Logic training series book to get started. It's taking me longer than I figured to get through the lessons as I get drawn away from the tutorials and into Logic's features and capabilities. It's a wonderful piece of software and I'm looking forward to many hours of creative enjoyment. :biggrin:

#60 skeetloaf

skeetloaf

Where do I post this ?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Logic User Since:2003

Posted 13 May 2005 - 11:27 AM

Hi there everybody,
I use LP6 on a G5. I must say that I haven't had nearly as many problems as I've read about here and there, so I love working with Logic. This is my first computer/digital recording venture, and as I get deeper into the art, I need to learn more about the program... so I've come here for knowledge, and if I can help address a topic, well that'll be just dandy, too.

And I'll try to use the little yellow dudes where applicable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users