#1 PepperJack

PepperJack

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Logic User Since:2005

Posted 12 July 2005 - 02:19 PM

Once you have ea final mix for a song, is ther any mastering software i can use with LOGIC to get to master it best i can at home? is there something in LOGIC that comes with it already? if so, can you please tell me some techniques.

thanks,
pepperjack

#2 thothprod

thothprod

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 11:28 PM

Once you have ea final mix for a song, is ther any mastering software i can use with LOGIC to get to master it best i can at home? is there something in LOGIC that comes with it already? if so, can you please tell me some techniques.

thanks,
pepperjack

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Waveburner is a mastering and Cd Burning App.
There still to some stability issues to be resolved....personally For most of my experience with the present version I have good results...However occassionally I will have problems with files stutering and crackles and such ...I believe that it needs a few more tweaks before it is as stable as I think most would like it to be....I hear a lot of talk about DSP quattro...but I believe it is more a Audio editor than a Mastering app.....with WB you can import effects and it is fully red book compliant...I am hoping the stability issues will be resolved soon....in OS9 it was excellent and I believe it will be again for OSX.....

#3 Ben Watkins

Ben Watkins

Where do I post this ?

• Site Supporters Plus
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:music
  • Logic User Since:2000

Posted 13 July 2005 - 08:58 AM

Mastering is more about the the technique used than applications used. EQ, Compression are the major tools used in mastering. The only thing waveburner or dsp quatrro are going to do for you is offer you an environment that is designed to make the process easier.
here is a good thread from a while back http://logicproforum...hp?showtopic=47
Real mastering is done by some one who knows how to do it, has a room designed for it and has the ears for it.
ben

Edited by Ben Watkins, 13 July 2005 - 09:00 AM.

#4 thothprod

thothprod

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 09:28 AM

Mastering is more about the the technique used than applications used. EQ, Compression are the major tools used in mastering. The only thing waveburner or dsp quatrro are going to do for you is offer you an environment that is designed to make the process easier.
here is a good thread from a while back http://logicproforum...hp?showtopic=47
Real mastering is done by some one who knows how to do it, has a room designed for it and has the ears for it.
ben

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is no disagreement as to what you state ....I have several Books on the subject including Mr. Katz book.."The Art of Mastering"....IMO the best....However Pepper ask about "software"...and specifically within Logic....That was the question I attempted to answer......

#5 PepperJack

PepperJack

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Logic User Since:2005

Posted 13 July 2005 - 07:32 PM

thank you thothprod...i will check out waveburner aand mess around.

peppa

#6 tobyond

tobyond

Moderator Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Logic User Since:2000

Posted 13 July 2005 - 08:16 PM

You can always go the lazy way and stick an Ad-Limiter on you output in Logic, makes your tracks louder.

#7 Peter

Peter

Site Creator & Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Logic User Since:1998

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:02 AM

if so, can you please tell me some techniques.

Yes it really is the technique used not the app. You going to need to lean how to use EQ, Compression and limiting if you want to master your tracks.

really you can master a track in logic's master channel strip if you wanted to.
if you have a bunch of tracks you want to put together and master at the same time, waveburner work really good. it layout is perfect.

Peter

#8 thothprod

thothprod

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 01:23 PM

if so, can you please tell me some techniques.

Yes it really is the technique used not the app. You going to need to lean how to use EQ, Compression and limiting if you want to master your tracks.

really you can master a track in logic's master channel strip if you wanted to.
if you have a bunch of tracks you want to put together and master at the same time, waveburner work really good. it layout is perfect.

Peter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with all that has been posted....I mentioned Waveburner right off because I was considering the aspect of Mastering(or Pre Mastering)...to include or latch different songs together which would of course include things like fading and crossfading......level matching of different tracks and inputing track info and notes....and you cannot do all those things on the master outputs...My understanding is that approach would simply be a mixing option and would differ somewhat from the abilities that one needs to master....at least with multiple tracks...also In a mastering enviroment you would need the ability to review the entire sequence of tracks prior to burning...all those things can be accomplished in WaveBurner

#9 lnerell

lnerell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Music, culture, stuff
  • Logic User Since:2003

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:36 AM

thank you thothprod...i will check out waveburner aand mess around.

peppa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually the real lazy way is to do your own mastering after you have mixed the project yourself. And yes I am lazy. :biggrin:
Take care.

- Loren Nerell
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.lorennerell.com
Http://myspace.com/lorennerell
http://www.soundclick.com/lorennerell
-------------------------------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users