2 replies to this topic

#1 Rickenbacker360

Rickenbacker360

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Logic User Since:2006

Posted 10 September 2006 - 08:19 PM

I'm new to Logic. I have been using Digital Performer for years and just made the switch. I just signed up for the forum and it has proven to be very helpful so far... Anyway, I recently purchased a MacPro 2.66 Quad. One big question I have: I read a blurb that Logic 7.2 still can NOT utilize the quad processing of this computer, however elsewhere I read you can use the Node Application with 7.2 to somehow make the application utilize all internal Intel processors? Does anyone out there know this to be true or heard anything about it? I'm very new to Logic and haven't yet figured out how I could do that. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks!

#2 prajna

prajna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Electronica, Indian Ragas
  • Logic User Since:2005

Posted 08 October 2006 - 01:42 AM

I personally find the performance of the "Nodes" to be fleeting, even after installing gigabit, etc.

I find I can do live/midi up to 40 tracks, 10+minutes on my dual g5 with out a hitch or hiccup.

But trying to use 7.2 on my G4 Powerbook noded to the G5 is hardly noticible in speed.

I'm new to Logic. I have been using Digital Performer for years and just made the switch. I just signed up for the forum and it has proven to be very helpful so far... Anyway, I recently purchased a MacPro 2.66 Quad. One big question I have: I read a blurb that Logic 7.2 still can NOT utilize the quad processing of this computer, however elsewhere I read you can use the Node Application with 7.2 to somehow make the application utilize all internal Intel processors? Does anyone out there know this to be true or heard anything about it? I'm very new to Logic and haven't yet figured out how I could do that. Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#3 gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:audio/video/webspace engineering

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:19 AM

With the Mac Pro it will be a long time before you will run out of power and need a node.

I'm currently using a 1GHz Powerbook as my main DAW, recently purchased a Core Duo mini as a transition machine.

It has no problems with my current sessions of 32-48 tracks, I just don't have access to some of my favorite plugs yet.

I had to do a lot of freezing with the Powerbook, the mini just breezes through it no freezing needed.

:cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users