#1 Unjay

Unjay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Logic User Since:2004

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:44 PM

Hi everyone!

I have what could be a dumb question... I have a Tascam FW 1884 interface; it has insert points for each input. What I don't get is how you use them to add in external effects. I mean, how can you route a sound from the input to the (hardware)insert effect and back in to the same channel? I would get it if there were an insert out and insert in jack, but there is not- there is only one! I'm not even sure if it's an input or output!

That's how confused I am! The manual assumes I know what it is for, so if some patient person could explain this to me, I would really appreciate it! Thanx!

Unjay
Never wait till tomorrow to put off what you already did yesterday- for today will come again
same time next year. Never call a doctor when what you really want is a naughty night nurse.

#2 Kapten Stofil

Kapten Stofil

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:26 PM

It's easier than you think. You'll need a standard balanced insert cable (a y-split with a balanced tele plug in one end and two unbalanced in the other). Something like this: http://www.zzounds.com/item--HOSSTP20

Edited by Kapten Stofil, 09 January 2007 - 01:27 PM.

#3 Unjay

Unjay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 06:05 PM

!!Oh!!

That IS easy! Even so easy that two such cables came with the compressor- but I couldn't work out what they were for- I assumed some kind of weird stereo-mono adaptor, or L+R mono channels to Stereo channel. I didn't dream of the input and output going down the same cable at the same time!

Thank you so much!

Unjay
Never wait till tomorrow to put off what you already did yesterday- for today will come again
same time next year. Never call a doctor when what you really want is a naughty night nurse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users