#1 B3 Basher

B3 Basher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Logic User Since:2004

Posted 17 November 2004 - 04:49 AM

Hi,

I'm sure you're all aware of the lovely effects that Reason 2.5 can churn out using it's 'Matrix' CV instrument. I've spent many an hour tweaking big pad sounds into chugging trance oddysey's by routing rhythmic matrix cv outputs to the volume CV input of the Subtractor or Malstrom.

My query is this. I want L7 to be able to recreate this effect.

In the plug-in manual there's mention of using a side chain, noise gate and routing this by that bla bla bla. I have tweaked, routed, inputted, outputted but to no avail. Could you give a newbie like me an easy to understand tutorial (KIS) explaining how I get the 'Paul Oakenfold trance like chugging sound' out of a simple Pad sound?

Any help appreciated...

#2 stevelibby3

stevelibby3

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Logic User Since:2002

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:33 AM

This technique is called "ducking"... Definitely do some searches on this to find some good walkthroughs... In my own words though: You add a compressor with the sidechain ability to your pad, use your kickdrum to trigger this compressor, then toy around with the threshold and ratio until you get that "push/pull" or pulsing effect that you desire. Oh btw...put the compressor that you're going to use on a bus, then send your pad to that bus... You can then automate that send to bring the ducking effect in and out as you desire... Hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users