Melodyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Logic User Since:2003
  • Audio Software Used:Pro-Tools, Studio one, Reason

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:02 AM

Hello, Logic friends

You know when you bounce all your tracks to audio (from midii files, recording..etc), and you drag it back into Logic is there anyway to still have it sync, and connect with the Logic/metronome?

Thank you

Fadedjean Productions   

#2 JustDan

JustDan

Logic Moderator

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Audio Engineering / Composition
  • Logic User Since:2009
  • Audio Software Used:Logic Studio

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

There are a few options. First, if you already know the tempo of the track(s) you bounced, and that tempo is constant, you can set the tempo and then line it up. If the tempo is not constant, you can use the "beat mapping" capability. The best way to do this is to "detect transients" and then drag the beat line down to where that transient to have Logic match it all up. It's too much to explain here, but once you get it, it is a really cool feature. Here's a BLOG post on that: http://www.jamesbiss...apping-in-logic

Beat mapping is an excellent tool that is easy to use once you really get how it works, but like most things in Logic, it looks a little daunting at first. Just set aside some time to play with it and the transient detection feature.

Logic Studio 9 | Kontakt 5 | 8Dio Studio Violin | Mac OS X 10.6.8 | 2.53 GHz Mac mini | 4 GB Ram | Mackie MR5 | Sennheiser 600HD | Korg MR2 | Korg nanoPad and nanoKontrol | Oxygen25 | Kawai ES4 | Taylor T5 | Taylor NS42-CE | Jimmy Vaughn Fender Stratocaster | L.R. Boggs Para Acoustic D.I. | Mackie 1202-VLZ Pro

#3 Melodyman

Melodyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Logic User Since:2003
  • Audio Software Used:Pro-Tools, Studio one, Reason

Posted 26 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

Thank you so much man...The mistake I was doing was, I wasn't setting the tempo to the session, and was just dropping the session in Logic, but once I set the tempo first and then dragged, and dropped,  BAMN !!!..lol....Thx again brother....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users