its in scratch pad level right now

#2 thothprod

thothprod

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 02:41 PM

What kind of feedback U looking for Mersis...My son is a rapper.....and I do a lot of Hip Hop....here in Detroit....even starting to get quite a bit of "street" "Props" from the local Hip Hop Community...So... "Git at me....Dawg"....

ThothProd

#3 mersisblue

mersisblue

Site Supporter

• Site Supporters Plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Im a certified audio engineer from cti lake hurst nj
  • Logic User Since:2004
  • Audio Software Used:logic pro 6-9
    nuendo 4 and up though not lately
    digital performer
    pro tools

Posted 31 January 2005 - 03:15 PM

What kind of feedback U looking for   Mersis...My son is a rapper.....and I do a lot of Hip Hop....here in Detroit....even starting to get quite a bit of "street" "Props"  from the local Hip Hop Community...So... "Git at me....Dawg"....

ThothProd

what ever you think when you hear this song

gat at you how ?

#4 thothprod

thothprod

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 04:16 PM

First up ..."shout Out" to Jersey...hung out a lot in Newark,All the oranges...mostly spots close to NYC...
I. IMO-Pros
1.Defitenly got Hip Hop Flavor as regards "Beat"...and lyrical content
2.Sounds more like what would be sucessful in Underground Scene...which is big on East coast....they like it "Grimey"
3. You could defitnely put differerent mixes on it ...and do different things with your instruments...if you choose.

II.IMO-Cons
1.Sounds too much like to many other people out there...
2.If for the straight up Hardcore underground scene...you got some stiff competition with cat's...more established and more refined,,,like Jada Kiss,Styles...and the Lox Crew.Mobb Deep...and the philly thing like Beanie Siegal...(who though may probably be locked up...I think will still be puttin out product)....Hard to break through with all those cat's being around...and trying to get some mainstream noteriety.
3.If your going for a more commercial niche...be hard pressed to compete with the Interscope artist...50 cent and his G Unit crew....and their new artist.."The Game"...not even to speak of Eminem....Aftermath and it's spin-offs....along with Roc-a-Fella...probably are the most money making crews out their....then you got crews like "Dead Prez"...who got a lot of Street Props...but are still relatively unknown outside the Rap/Hip Hop community

All that said...If it was a crew I believed in ...I would run wit em....and try to get some more original sounds haappening...mix it wit some tracks that people can tap their feet and "Bob" their heads to..( I believe it can be artistiscally and commercially pheasible....But Imo you study and give props to your tradition...but come with something that is You...and that is a heavy challenge....

Hope I expressed something helpful and constructive....and Good Luck!!!

ThothProd

#5 thothprod

thothprod

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 04:23 PM

and yea the "Git at me dawg"...is just a bit of slang ...meaning connect with me or tell me what's up...or "Holla"...just a little colloquilism in that cultural "click"

ThothProd

#6 mersisblue

mersisblue

Site Supporter

• Site Supporters Plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
    digital performer
    pro tools

Posted 31 January 2005 - 04:26 PM

and yea the "Git at me dawg"...is just a bit of slang ...meaning connect with me or tell me what's up...or "Holla"...just a little colloquilism in that cultural "click"

ThothProd

I know what it means

Just didnt know how you wanted me to get a you

BTW I grew up in one of the oranges . west orange

#7 thothprod

thothprod

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 06:37 PM

...To Mersis
Cool ...Glad we can communicate in the same lanquage....
as far as "Gettin at me".....I am ashamed to admit it but I don't know how to put my music as a link on the forum....maybe you could enlightened me....got some Audio files I'd like to post...That I did about 3 years ago....maybe you (and anyone else)...can give a critigue....
The value would be to see how some of us are utilizing Logic....most of what I would post is from using Logic 4 and 5....other stuff I got is on 6 and 7...not ready to put out there ...because it has not been copyrighted...published...et al....Maybe if the Mods consent....We could have a thread posting some of the Music that weve created on Logic....Hope their reading....Yay or nay??
Think it would help us become a little more familiar with each other Musically....

ThothProd

:wink:

#8 mersisblue

mersisblue

Site Supporter

• Site Supporters Plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
    digital performer
    pro tools

Posted 31 January 2005 - 06:42 PM

you must have the file on a server on the web

comcast my ISP provides mine

Theres also other methods I think like mp3 .com ( although I think they inpastircularly are not what they used to be ) but garageband .com lets you

#9 ttrsvp

ttrsvp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Anything Positive
  • Logic User Since:1992

Posted 31 January 2005 - 11:44 PM

That was the wackest hip hop track i've heard in awhile.

#10 thothprod

thothprod

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 12:50 AM

To ttrsvp....
I'm gone to have to disagree wit u there...I have heard tracks that was a lot more "Whack".....it's miraculous what puttin the right mix...and and adding..some different patches...or omitting..can do to a track that sounds whack can do...slide in a different drum track.......I don't know how adept Mersis is in hip hop......But I could take that track and make it "SLam"...It's about having the ears and the know how...Fo Real!!...and he did say it was in the scratch pad stage....and that goes not only for rap but for doing Music Period....In all respect...But I do respect your honest reaction...just disagree

ThothProd

#11 mersisblue

mersisblue

Site Supporter

• Site Supporters Plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
    digital performer
    pro tools

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:45 AM

yeah keep em coming

Honesty is good

but please give specifics if you can

#12 mersisblue

mersisblue

Site Supporter

• Site Supporters Plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
    digital performer
    pro tools

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:03 AM

you gotta love the fact that his first post was to say

my song is whack ! :D I just got a kick out of that

#13 thothprod

thothprod

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 03:20 PM

Don't let it get under your skin...I mean you tell somebody this is a scratch pad...and they lookin for a whole finished Production...I'm sure I ain't tellin you somethin you don't already know....dam near everytime I start a song...somebody in earshot wants to tell me that it ain't workin....then after I finish doin what I do...they are amazed that it is the same song....It's like I have watched painters start painting...and initially iwhat they puttin on the canvas looks...well "whack"....and I'm saying to myself...how the hell is he gonna make that garbage into a work of art...then lo and behold...I see it further down the line...and I'm like Dam!!!...that is slammin....everybody ain't a artist...and everybody can't see what you see or hear what you hear...but sometimes...I be like just Shut the F**k up until I tell you I'm finished...then I'll respect your opinion...and the thing is it's not only wit non-musicians....musicians...and even other writers can fall into the same kind of mentality...I know You know...but havin been doin this most of my life it still kinda messes wit me sometimes...especially if you got a body of work people can access....

ThothProd

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users