#1 giuliabigi

giuliabigi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Logic User Since:2008

Posted 28 May 2008 - 05:48 AM

hi everybody,
i've got a macbook (2 gb RAM, 250 GB hd, core2 duo 2,4"), and this is my first mac. I've always worked on Windows, and untill a week ago i was using Nuendo SX3 on an old Pentium 3 with 1 Gb RAM.
I work with VSTinstruments like The grand, Stylus (and stylus RMX), Artist groove, Artist drum, b4, pro-53, trilogy, real guitar 2, guitar rig and so on, and only with midi or usb connection (i never record audio tracks in my "studio").
now, my macbook is dedicated to music, but i don't want to use something like cubase or nuendo here, i'd like to use Logic Pro.

Do you think is it possible? I know a macbook pro could be better, and an imac the best, but i've got a low budget, and, also, i just want to do my music, i'm not a recording studio, not a sound engineer or something like that.

Thanks a lot and forgive my english!
Bye

#2 RichardFord

RichardFord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Logic User Since:2001

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:01 AM

Hello and welcome to the Forum!

In my experience the answer is yes, but... I use my MacBook Pro as a travel studio which is a lot of the time. It's the 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB RAM. I'm running Logic 8 Pro. It performs great with all of the built-in Logic instruments including EXS. I have other VI's on an external FW800 drive which works fine except for very large orchestral pieces using non-EXS instruments. At that point Kontakt 3 starts to slow things down. Also, I'm using a keyboard with USB and monitors out of the line out/headphone jack. I don't tend to do much audio recording either. I find that it helps with larger orchestrations to mix down tracks, usually by section, and then disable the tracks that I'm not editing.

It's definitely possible and worth doing. :detective:

Good luck!
Richard

#3 ultrasparx

ultrasparx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Logic User Since:2008

Posted 28 February 2010 - 03:56 PM

i'm running logic pro 9 on a macbook. it runs absolutely fine.
only thing i'd recommend is that you put a large buffer on in the audio settings, something above 512mb.
and maybe get a large hard drive/ external hard drive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users