Photo

What Kind Of Mouse W/ Logic

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: What kind of mouse are you using with Logic ? (142 member(s) have cast votes)

What kind of mouse are you using with Logic ?

1. Apple standard Mouse (14 votes [9.86%])

Percentage of vote: 9.86%

2. Apple mighty Mouse (23 votes [16.20%])

Percentage of vote: 16.20%

3. Apple Bluetooth one button Mouse (8 votes [5.63%])

Percentage of vote: 5.63%

4. 3rd party one button Mouse (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. 3rd party two button (or more) (6 votes [4.23%])

Percentage of vote: 4.23%

6. 3rd party two button (or more) with scroll wheel (65 votes [45.77%])

Percentage of vote: 45.77%

7. 3rd party track ball (18 votes [12.68%])

Percentage of vote: 12.68%

8. Apple laptop trackpad (3 votes [2.11%])

Percentage of vote: 2.11%

9. Other (5 votes [3.52%])

Percentage of vote: 3.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Peter

Peter

Site Creator & Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Logic User Since:1998

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:12 AM

What kind of mouse are you using and why did you choose it.

Please discuss.

Peter

Mixing - Logic Pro X | OS X 10.8.4 | 3.4GHZ Quad Core Hackintosh | 16GB Ram |

Studio Tracking - Logic Pro 9.1.8 | OS X 10.6.8 | 2GHZ Quad Mac Pro | 6GB Ram | Apogee Symphony PCI-e | Apogee AD16X | Apogee Mini DAC | Logic Control & Extender and Mackie Control C4 and a boat load of other cool stuff i use in my studio Static Productions

#2 tobyond

tobyond

Moderator Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Logic User Since:2000

Posted 06 November 2005 - 12:43 PM

Mighty Mouse here, being able to scroll left and right is the biggest revolution for my work flow in a long time. The right click is a little quirky and I really hope Apple just bights the bullet and puts a proper right button on there at some point, but all that aside I can't live without a scroll ball anymore.

#3 bobmix

bobmix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Logic User Since:1995

Posted 06 November 2005 - 01:55 PM

I'm back to the standard mouse after GIANT wrist and arm (carpal tunnel) issues from many years of trackballs (although I love the functionality). Tried 'em all. Same thing. Many longtime users have had the same experience with trackballs.

#4 T2k

T2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 01:58 PM

Mighty Mouse here, being able to scroll left and right is the biggest revolution for my work flow in a long time. The right click is a little quirky and I really hope Apple just bights the bullet and puts a proper right button on there at some point, but all that aside I can't live without a scroll ball anymore.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, MS mouses have this function for years, I think...

#5 fictionmusic

fictionmusic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Astronomy
  • Logic User Since:1988

Posted 06 November 2005 - 02:43 PM

I use a microsoft mouse (Wheel Mouse Optical USB) because it has a great scroll wheel (which doesn't fatigue the fingers as much) and, as I also use one on my PC, I am used to it.

I have a pile of mac and other mice all of which were eventually unusable for a variety of reasons.

#6 chmara@gainbroadband.com

chmara@gainbroadband.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Logic User Since:2004

Posted 06 November 2005 - 02:49 PM

I use Kensington Expert Track Ball. Carpal Tunnel prevented me from using mice accurately.

This is not to say that I find the rig ideal - just the most versatile in multiple levels of programming the button click combination and scrolling options.

#7 Headkick

Headkick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Logic User Since:2005

Posted 06 November 2005 - 03:41 PM

I use a Logitech Cordless Optical mouse. Pretty good. Can't wait to get a Mackie control surface though. Tired of the clicking and scrolling.

D

#8 RichStudio

RichStudio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Logic User Since:1998

Posted 06 November 2005 - 04:11 PM

Please discuss.
Peter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse. Have more functionality than an Apple Mouse and I am used to it.
Regards,
Rich

#9 Franky

Franky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 05:57 PM

Hi, I'm using a Kensington Trackball, Expert mouse pro, with scrollwheel, four buttons around the trackball and 6 further buttons on top. Comes Wireless or USB cabled. I use the latter Version. Works fine, the Kensington Mouse software is flexible (on Tiger 10.4.2), and I had to look for a trackball also because there's no room on my "real" desktop for a regular mouse.
Regards, Frank Valet

#10 golly001

golly001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Logic User Since:2005

Posted 06 November 2005 - 07:12 PM

I use an Apple B/T as it was a cheap addition to my iMac. It is heavy and doesn't track as well as a wired mouse especially when there is other wireless signals around. I get sore arms and wrists when I use it.

I plan to buy another mouse but am a little undecided as to which - I hate scroll wheels but I like the Mighty Mouses trackball however I feel the mighty mouse needs another revision before it is ready.

#11 gdoubleyou

gdoubleyou

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:audio/video/webspace engineering

Posted 06 November 2005 - 10:01 PM

I use a wacom Graphire, stylus and tablet for navigation. It also comes with a two button scroll-wheel mouse

#12 gpax

gpax

Site Supporter

• Site Supporters Plus
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Logic User Since:2003

Posted 06 November 2005 - 11:54 PM

I've been using the Mighty Mouse for a couple of weeks - it came with the new machine.

I've got mixed feelings. My hands are small, and even though I click on the left primary button with my right index finger, apparently I'm just close enough to the center for the mouse to think I'm right clicking, depending on how my finger is turned. But it is to the left of the scroll button, nevertheless.

Is it me? I tend to hold the mouse "loosely" for maximum comfort, so my fingers are rarely extending over the top, and my wrist leans to the right as well. I'm re-training myself, but also considering connecting my third-party multi-button mouse again.

The other comment - something of a question actually - what would be the best way to assign a keystroke (toolbar = esc) to the right click on this thing? I can't for the life of me figure out how to make the secondary button application specific - I'm not sure you can. It doesn't appear to be an option in the preference pane unless I'm missing something.

I also agree that scrolling around the arrange window is great. I'm used to doing this with a space shuttle set to those keys (left hand), but having this at the finger tip is really a time saver.

Why on earth can't I move a fader or knob in Logic with the scroll button though? I've tried this with both DP and SX with no problem, and many of my V-instruments respond to the scroll button as well. Can't believe this wouldn't be a basic feature in Logic.

Sorry to be so long winded.
gpax

#13 tobyond

tobyond

Moderator Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Logic User Since:2000

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:12 AM

Gpax, here is a discussion on the Mighty Mouse, and no the Apple supplied driver does not allow for assigning to controller keys etc. You have to go to a 3rd party driver for that unfortunately.

#14 btfunk

btfunk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 02:42 AM

Kenshing expert mouse! It's kewl~!:)

#15 enis

enis

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Logic User Since:2004

Posted 07 November 2005 - 03:00 AM

I am using also a Kensington Expert Mouse. It has 4 buttons and a big scroll. All the butons you can program as you want with a very user friendly software. It has no problems with OSX 10.4.2 at all. Very satisfied, and I thing if I change to another I will need much more time to do things that i am doing with it. You can even make a copy file for example with one click, and such things.

#16 CyberMark

CyberMark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Musique
  • Logic User Since:1992

Posted 07 November 2005 - 04:14 AM

Bonjour,

i use this in left hand (mighty in right)

http://www.logickeyboard.com

Amicalement.
Marc
La vie est belle ! (PowerMac bi-pro 1,8Ghz - Logic Pro 7)

#17 pb-sh

pb-sh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:44 AM

Logitech MX500s here. Great mice, very comfortable, expose bound to thumb button 1.

#18 onelouder

onelouder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Logic User Since:1986

Posted 08 November 2005 - 02:40 AM

Please discuss.
Peter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Logitech track ball, have always used a track ball, seems logical ;-) to me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users