#1 mikodel

mikodel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Logic User Since:2008
  • Audio Software Used:Mac OS 10.4.11, Logic Pro 8.0.2, Apogee Maestro 1.7.1

Posted 01 July 2017 - 01:16 PM

Here are the steps I try, when a particular song's tempo changes are too complex (and tedious) to program.

I set Logic's tempo to something close to the starting pace  of the song, but since I do not assign any audible click, it doesn't matter because I do not hear anything for a guide. I only do it to keep the length of the measures somewhere close to the beginning audio.

I record the song on a single mono or stereo track as audio (if it's a guitar/vocal performance). The recording is done using my own internal sense of time, no external click, and I vary tempos accordingly where different sections require.

Later I listen to the performance a few times, making sure I nailed the BPM and transitions.

Next I assign a simple click like the Logic klopfgeist to a piano key, and while following the performance on monitors or headphones, on a new track I record a MIDI version of the click track.

This is where I run into trouble - I try to set Logic to "Create tempo track" (sorry I don't have it in front of me some of this is paraphrased) from the MIDI click that I created. I know there are a few options in Logic 8 when you do this. No matter what I try, when I apply the tempo map created from my manual click input, it "stretches" the audio I recorded, especially if it's punched, and the audio is no longer contiguous. And if I remember correctly, sometimes even the tempo track doesn't "take" correctly and I end up with a mess.

Anyone who is good at creating a tempo map this way, I'd like to hear from you!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users