#1 stevelibby3

stevelibby3

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Logic User Since:2002

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:32 PM

Now I've been recording and creating house music for about 4 years now, learning a lot, figuring out all kinds of neat little tricks, etc. It's totally safe to say that I'm not a noob when it comes down to it... Unfortunately-I feel like one in this situation...

We all know when you want to make a nice, clean sounding loop, with no popping or muting the start and end points of the waveform are what makes it all happen...simple as that...

What's going on right now is that I've got a simply high hat that has a little bit of ringing out to it...think of the ringing out as a reverb tail... I'm getting a quick mute in between loops, since the very last hit in each sample is NOT getting it's opportunity to ring out... make sense?

I've never had this problem (either) (see my recent dilemma with bouncing), before, and of course the start and end points of my samples are dead on where they should be...

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks :)

#2 tobyond

tobyond

Moderator Retired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Logic User Since:2000

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:38 PM

Maybe open it in the sample editor and make sure it has been cut at the zero crossing? :dknow:

#3 stevelibby3

stevelibby3

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:52 PM

Maybe open it in the sample editor and make sure it has been cut at the zero crossing?  :dknow:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Checked that-and another note-the first sample overlaps the following to allow it to ring out smoothly...i'm pretty sure this is possible...

*brainfart

#4 stevelibby3

stevelibby3

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 08:41 AM

I just re-read this old post of mine... I totally goofed in explaining what I was having trouble with at that time... I actually was trying to overlap two regions slightly to allow the reverb or delay tails to ring. What was happening is once the second region started playing, I'd lose the tail of the first. Everything of course starts and ends on zero crossings...
I wish I could rename this "Overlapping Regions" or something...has nothing to do with getting a perfect loop... (sorry) :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users