Photo

Apogee Symphony ,good, But Not As Good As They Used To Be!?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rlsproductions

rlsproductions

Ohh.. I got it now

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Hip Hop & Poontang - in that order!
  • Logic User Since:1999

Posted 01 August 2008 - 09:30 AM

Thinking that the Apogee 800 would solve all the studio issues I got one, installed the option card, installed the PCI Express card, even bought the overpriced Apogee cables, but ever since my Mac Pro Dual core 3Ghz has buckled. At first I was impressed with the lack of latency running Logic Pro 7.2 under Mac OS 10.4.11, along with the mind-boggling ability to run Logic & iTunes together, but as soon as I tried to open Waves Renn Maxx plug-ins the Apogee crashed (Fatal Error), then the Mac, then finally the Logic app - I had never seen such indifferance on a Mac. Now my whole cpu is acting sluggish & is far less responsive than with the previous firewire audio interface. I have heard of the problem happening with Nuendo systems with Apogee & Waves, but with no solutions!
Does anybody out there have any idea what could be going on?
I am running Maestro version 1.6.23 with Waves 5.9 drivers.
Thanks in advance ! :D

#2 bigdog

bigdog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:play bass, record audio and video for commercials and
    talking books, master audio, duplicate and replicate
  • Logic User Since:2007

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:24 PM

Thinking that the Apogee 800 would solve all the studio issues I got one, installed the option card, installed the PCI Express card, even bought the overpriced Apogee cables, but ever since my Mac Pro Dual core 3Ghz has buckled. At first I was impressed with the lack of latency running Logic Pro 7.2 under Mac OS 10.4.11, along with the mind-boggling ability to run Logic & iTunes together, but as soon as I tried to open Waves Renn Maxx plug-ins the Apogee crashed (Fatal Error), then the Mac, then finally the Logic app - I had never seen such indifferance on a Mac. Now my whole cpu is acting sluggish & is far less responsive than with the previous firewire audio interface. I have heard of the problem happening with Nuendo systems with Apogee & Waves, but with no solutions!
Does anybody out there have any idea what could be going on?
I am running Maestro version 1.6.23 with Waves 5.9 drivers.
Thanks in advance ! :D

I have a Mac Pro 2.6 with 12 gigs of ram and the Rossetta 800,. Maestro etc, Isotop clock. I have never had
a problem with it. I have two UAD cards in the system, somes waves plug-ins, psp plugins and lexicon ( for
the pcm 96 ). Maybe I just lucked out, but not once have I had one problem. ( I also got the Apogee cables,
I think that was a smart move )

I can imagine how frustrated you are. After doing all the right things to insure good sound and reliablilty and
then having to deal with issues that buying some of the best gear is supposed to avoid. Did you call apogee up
and see if they have any ideas..

bigdog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users