No replies to this topic

#1 alva1414

alva1414

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Logic User Since:2010

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:48 AM

Hey everyone new here. I am currently going to school for sound design and frequently use protools.One thing I am a little fuzzy with is how a computer I would like to buy would stands the the task of recording good quality instrument tracks while also running midi instments.

I am looking into getting a stock 2.4GHz macbook pro with 4 gb of memory and a 250g hardd drive. I will be recording live drum tracks through a not yet decided Firewire interface( motu, presonus or digi). I need to beable to record 8 simultaneou tracks that sound good( drum tracks). I am going to run sessions off a portable device.

My first option is getting logic studio and running that through a presonus or motu interface. Second option is getting the most recent digi 003+ rack setup with protools LE.

What im wondering is how each these programs would handle recording recording,mixing and a fair use of midi on a session with these components? I want my computer to run smoothly with this kind of work being done on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users