1 reply to this topic

#1 DLS

DLS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Logic User Since:2011

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:35 AM

On the new Macbook Pro notebooks, I noticed that they are offered with 500GB, 7800RPM and a larger 750GB but at a lower spin rate. Will this make a difference when recording audio through the Firewire interface? I would like the larger capacity drive for obvious reasons but not if it would affect the audio recording throughput in any way. I want to go with the Macbook Pro 17" notebook because I would like to do portabe remote recording with my band during practice and live gigs. I purchased two M-Audio Profire 2626 audio interfaces for a front end. Is it feasible with the new Macbook Pro and its I7 quad core processor to be able to record 16 channels of quality audio simultaneously? If not, what can I expect as far as the maximum number of simultaneously recorded high quality audio? Thanks!!!

#2 Peter

Peter

Site Creator & Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Logic User Since:1998

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:54 PM

I would go with the 7200 rpm drive. Even for just the system and apps. But for your actual audio I would use a dedicated audio drive. and just connect via FW.
Either way I don't think your gonna have a problem getting 16 tracks down.

Mixing - Logic Pro X | OS X 10.8.4 | 3.4GHZ Quad Core Hackintosh | 16GB Ram |

Studio Tracking - Logic Pro 9.1.8 | OS X 10.6.8 | 2GHZ Quad Mac Pro | 6GB Ram | Apogee Symphony PCI-e | Apogee AD16X | Apogee Mini DAC | Logic Control & Extender and Mackie Control C4 and a boat load of other cool stuff i use in my studio Static Productions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users