#1 Peter_65J

Peter_65J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:music and lots of it
  • Logic User Since:2002

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:04 PM

Has anyone tried the Mackie Onyx series of mixers? I've always loved Mackie boards (had a CR1604 that I loved) but went digital when I got a deal on a Tascam TD-1000. I just don't like it as much.

I'm thinking of getting the Onyx with firewire i/o. Then I wouldn't worry about eq in Logic (as much) and I'd have a nice clean digital signal flowing into the Mac.

Any opinions out there?

#2 Spindler

Spindler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Logic User Since:2005

Posted 04 December 2005 - 08:45 PM

Has anyone tried the Mackie Onyx series of mixers? I've always loved Mackie boards (had a CR1604 that I loved) but went digital when I got a deal on a Tascam TD-1000. I just don't like it as much.

I'm thinking of getting the Onyx with firewire i/o. Then I wouldn't worry about eq in Logic (as much) and I'd have a nice clean digital signal flowing into the Mac.

Any opinions out there?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Peter,
I've only had limited experience with an onyx board, and it was without the firewire card. I was impressed for it being a mackie. Admittedly Im not a big fan of mackie, I think the VLZpros sound pretty rotten (especially the EQ) But what I really liked about the Onyx, was that there wasnt that Offensive high end that I associate with mackies, and the Eq was much more musical.

but like I said, I didnt have a whole lot of time with it... borrowed one, and recorded some drums with it.

-spindler

#3 midmus

midmus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 02:28 AM

Any opinions out there?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got my 1640 fw the other day. The mixer sounds great but have other issues. there are som glitches in the sound sometimes. The BIG negative thing is: THE ROUTING THROUGH FIREWIRE IS DIRECT FROM PREAMP! so the eq and whatever outboard u use does not get recorded. What u hear is not what u record. FrontEndAudio sells modifications for the price of 250 - 350 US dollars.

Edited by midmus, 01 April 2006 - 02:29 AM.

#4 Guest_robb.marriott_*

Guest_robb.marriott_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:42 AM

Any opinions out there?

#5 Guest_robb.marriott_*

Guest_robb.marriott_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:46 AM

I have been using 2 X M-Audio 410 Firewire since they first came out. Never let me down.
Need a new mixer so..
Just bought a Mackie Onyx 1220i with firewire...Except...

Firewire doesn't work !! and Zero response from Mackie Advice Don't buy !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users