#1 coverman

coverman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Logic User Since:2002
  • Audio Software Used:Superior drummer, main stage

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:45 AM

I have a setup with Mainstage running the tracks for live performances.
Now I need to add some midi-stuff, like vocal effects coming in and out, changing some sounds and plug-ins.
I think I read somewhere that it's possible to run Logic as a slave to Mainstage making these midi stuff work in the background.
Have anyone tried this and how is it done?

Will Logic start when Mainstage is starting (from a footswitch or other controller).
And what about next song? Will Logic be able to load a new song or do I have to switch between the two on stage?

Would be great to hear if someone tried this and what might be the best solution.
I really like working in Mainstage and have some great screens helping the band along the way with cues in large text, but I do miss the midi though.

#2 coverman

coverman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Logic User Since:2002
  • Audio Software Used:Superior drummer, main stage

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

I posted this message in the Logic forum, but maybe Mainstage users also might know the answer to my question.

I have a setup with Mainstage running the tracks for live performances.
Now I need to add some midi-stuff, like vocal effects coming in and out, changing some sounds and plug-ins.
I think I read somewhere that it's possible to run Logic as a slave to Mainstage making these midi stuff work in the background.
Have anyone tried this and how is it done?

Will Logic start when Mainstage is starting (from a footswitch or other controller).
And what about next song? Will Logic be able to load a new song or do I have to switch between the two on stage?

Would be great to hear if someone tried this and what might be the best solution.
I really like working in Mainstage and have some great screens helping the band along the way with cues in large text, but I do miss the midi though.

#3 Jan dB

Jan dB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Logic User Since:2008

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

I don't think that Mainstage and Logic can run aside each other!

#4 JustDan

JustDan

Logic Moderator

• Site Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Interests:Audio Engineering / Composition
  • Logic User Since:2009
  • Audio Software Used:Logic Studio

Posted 02 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

I'd bet you're probably right since they probably both share a lot of resources. Do you have two computers? Perhaps you can use a MIDI out from one computer into the next computer? A couple of Mac Mini's would work no doubt. I use a Yamaha UX10 to go from USB<->MIDI (bought so long ago no doubt many would claim in a deep, resounding voice, "When dinosaurs roamed the earth!") but, heck, it works!
Logic Studio 9 | Kontakt 5 | 8Dio Studio Violin | Mac OS X 10.6.8 | 2.53 GHz Mac mini | 4 GB Ram | Mackie MR5 | Sennheiser 600HD | Korg MR2 | Korg nanoPad and nanoKontrol | Oxygen25 | Kawai ES4 | Taylor T5 | Taylor NS42-CE | Jimmy Vaughn Fender Stratocaster | L.R. Boggs Para Acoustic D.I. | Mackie 1202-VLZ Pro

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users