Photo

Connecting Midi Devices To Logic X

Midi Roland Super JD-990 Kurzweil K 2600XS Tascam US 800 routing Roland Kurzweil Tascam

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LogicXNewUser65

LogicXNewUser65

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Logic User Since:2011
  • Audio Software Used:Garage Band Logic 9 & 10, Cakewalk, Digital Orchestrator Plus

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:39 AM

Hi everyone!

I am a semi-experienced Logic Pro X user (4 Years), and I have been having some trouble routing my keyboards (and their libraries) to my Logic DAW. 

My goal is to:

Go into Logic and be able to select patches, sounds, and FX, from my midi-enabled Kurzweil K 2600XS and Roland Super JD-990, and record audio AND midi successfully. I have initially set up my Kurzweil to my computer using a MOTU USB-to-MIDI cable interface, however this doesn't transfer the Kurzweil library into Logic X. After researching for a month or so, I have downloaded the various multi sets no.5 in an attempt to retrieve the Roland and Kurzweil libraries from an external source, but haven't been successful. 

At this point I am looking to seek advice on two elements: how to configure the midi  wiring between the Kurzweil -> Roland -> Tascam with MIDI in/out (used as my audio interface), and how to make sure my settings stay consistent every time an existing/new Logic X project is made.

Thanks to all and hopefully I can receive some input pretty soon!

-Doug

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Midi, Roland Super JD-990, Kurzweil K 2600XS, Tascam US 800, routing, Roland, Kurzweil, Tascam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users